Breaking Bad: Signifigance of Color Yellow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

For those who watch it, and saw the final season series opener...notice the placement of a canary yellow color throughout the episode?

Walt's chemo fluid was yellow.
    Hank had yellow post-it notes and a yellow highlighter in garage when speaking with Walt.
    The kid out front was driving a yellow RC car.

From a series that let out significant hints via the eye of a burnt stuffed animal, maybe it means something...or I'm just over-thinking it.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm gonna try to avoid this thread since I'm on season 2.

3. Tenacious D

My bad, AS.

I'll try to keep it as non-specific as possible, or note "SPOILER" where I can't.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The best episode is when Walt invents the time machine.

5. Tenacious D

And early on, when you realize that Jesse is actually dead, but the larger dream meant that Walt Jr.'s illness was actually a metaphor for a non-existent Heisenberg.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

wtf?? i thought about starting to watch this show, but this sounds way too complicated

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not that bad. The season where everything is in Arabic was a little hard to follow, but after awhile you catch on.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't meth heads save their piss because it contains some of the drug that can be extracted? Perhaps it's a message they need to hydrate better.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The worst one for me was the episode where no one spoke, just hummed. Humming, for an hour. ****, that was annoying. But then, a few episodes later as the story continued to evolve, I began to put the pieces together and I totally understood why they did that. Genius.

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Man, the ending of this week's episode. Can't wait.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hank's dead

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marie has to die too

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Was reading about it today. That phone call with Marie right before the end was just cruel.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm kind of hoping Walt kills everybody and his cancer goes into remission.

16. Tenacious D

I can't pinpoint the exact moment that I began to despise Walt, but I now do, and actively root against him.

Also, I just saw an article where the writers are trying to identify the spin-off for Saul the Lawyer's character....would watch that, for sure.

17. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

My favorite character.

Last night's shootout featured some unrealistically bad accuracy. Hank and Gomez should have been swiss cheese about 5 seconds in.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wonder what becomes of Jessie. Does Walt save him from the skinheads now that his link for squealing is gone? And, I'm not sure why, but I still have this morbid desire for Walt to succeed. The ones I want to see taken out are Lydia and Marie. It's a bit mysogynistic, but I can't stand their sniveling asses. Jessie is annoying and I lost any amount of sympathy for him with his whiny turn this season.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

By the way, i still think, and have thought since the season opener, that the flash forward to Walt on the run with a machine gun has something to do with Todd's gang. I strongly suspect that Skyler will die, too, and maybe even his kids, thus negating everything he's worked for in a cruelly ironic twist.

20. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Walt will redeem himself (at least in my eyes) before it's all said and done. I think he goes out in a good way, but in the end he has to die. No going back to anything resembling a normal life, and I don't think cancer will be the finishing blow.

I no longer care what happens to Jesse... I think the nazis finish him off (ultimately against Walt's command) and Walt goes to war in Jesse's name (ironic since he originally put the hit on him) and then on the run.