Butch Jones' Buyout

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He was a phony from day 1. The lack of coaching is just part of the deal.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

So the new coach costs us 5 million per year and we owe Butch 2 million per year till he's paid off. 583k per month or 145k per week for 4 years. Nice.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Hart has to go first before anything else could possibly be feasible... If Cheek could choke to death on a booger or something.... Bonus!

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll add this, just as a personal opinion:

1. Every day that Butch remains as coach, he becomes an increasingly larger liability, financial and otherwise.

2. Make the right hire to replace him, and the ROI will more than make the difference to pay off Jones.

But this has always been the case.

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Care to elaborate on the "otherwise"?

And you're right. Getting the correct guy here would pay for itself by the end of calendar 2017.

6. Savage Orange

The otherwise I see is that recruiting (so far Jones' only real tangible contribution) will fall off as top shelf recruits won't want to come here, further deteriorating the program. More losses=less butts in seats=lost revenue....

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Recruiting is going to take a huge hit this year after Butchs coaching has been called into question by national media members. That's just my opinion.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm posting this on VN to see what kind of bites I get.

9. Savage Orange

Agreed. It's already started. I listen to the college station on XM and they were trying to defend Jones and say how things aren't quite as bad for UT as you might think and callers lit up the host almost immediately. I noticed the next show wasn't nearly as kind to Botch....

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Boy, Dave sHart really "Butch'd" it.

11. Tenacious D

He's already lost several whale boosters, former players and a majority of the fanbase.

He's at great risk of losing recruits, all whale-sized boosters, and most scary of all - the locker room.

It's like CS Lewis says - when you realize that you've made a mistake, the fastest way forward, is backward.

12. Tenacious D

And he's in a tight spot - Dobbs is the best thing Jones has going, but it's Dobbs' inability to throw which is almost certainly going to guarantee more losses.

I'm not saying that Dormandy would fare any better, but the book on Dobbs' is written, and now well-read.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are almost done paying Dooley so we at least have that going for us.

14. Savage Orange

Jones is in a hole and his first thought seems to be "dig faster!!"

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've reached a point that if there isn't a guaranteed solution, I don't want to make a change. That's not an endorsement by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't want to make a move just to wind up in the same spot.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'll always opt for the unknown when the known is a steaming pile of shit.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Absolutely. If you do not have a concrete plan, and a damn good one, with everyone lockstep on board, don't do anything.

EDIT:

Not if you are just going to grab at more shit.

18. Savage Orange

That kind of thinking is how we got here to begin with... Not defending Fulmer whatsoever, but getting rid of him without having a solid replacement ready to go started this whole spiral to begin with...

19. Savage Orange

Dooley to Jones. Nuff said.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we avoid firing him by demoting him, or just creating a new position over him like "supreme head football coach?"