Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember back in the good ole days when people on this forum were mocking Unimane and me, saying there were hardly any racists anymore. Hard to believe that was just 5 years ago.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Turns out they are all just in BLM, am I right?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is always a fews. The total membership of the KKK is estimated to be 3,000 - 6,000 members.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Speaking of crying, you might find this somewhat satisfying. You may remember a few years ago when a group of racist tried to intimidate a group having a Childs birthday party

[video=youtube;zHBgOVxeKoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBgOVxeKoQ[/video]

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here they are at sentencing

[video=youtube;YJRxkAOIv9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJRxkAOIv9E[/video]

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Slowly, but certain.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gonna have to revise my million estimate downward.

9. Tenacious D

Who is this guy?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Christopher Cantwell; an organizer and leader of the Charlottesville Rally. Featured prominently in Vice News talking tough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIrcB1sAN8I

A one-time drug dealer, candidate for Congress and aspiring stand-up comedian, Christopher Cantwell now hosts Alt-Right luminaries such as Matthew Heimbach, Augustus Invictus and Andrew Auernheimer, aka, Weev, on his call-in talk show “Radical Agenda,” which is live-streamed via Facebook and UStream three days a week from his home studio in Keene, New Hampshire.

11. CardinalVol

Entrepreneurial. obviously one of the good nazis.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

see my video of the non-nazi who just likes to fly swatzikas in his neighborhood. Most of these people aren't "members" of anything.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, you didn't. None of your examples remotely resemble these guys.

[video=youtube;P54sP0Nlngg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg[/video]

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don't see a lot of folks flying swastikas though.

15. Tenacious D

You're moving the goal post. You didn't originally require that any bright line distinction be made between the totality of all left-leaning groups or persons and the totality of all actions of white supremacists, as you're now attempting (flailing?) to do. Your challenging assertion was to invite examples of how any left-leaning group was, "in any way" like the white supremacists. I gave you several precise examples where elements of each were advocating or supporting some form of race-based segregation, and cited the source for each one, and more than meeting your criteria.

Now...

You can question/argue the veracity of the cited examples.

You can question/argue whether Harvard and/or NYC/PHI BLM are reasonably considered to be "left-leaning", as I purport them to be.

You can withdraw your original comment as suffering with SGS.

Or you can triple-down and admit that they do share racist similarities, and that each are equally condemnable for it.

Or you can just be everything which you profess to most hate; an inability to see, admit and correct blind dogma, an unwillingness to decide an issue on the merits of the facts at hand, and of thinking that racism is somehow or sometimes acceptably ok - or anything less than condemnably evil - so long as it goes in the direction of your choosing, and for or against those you do or do not happen to personally like.

But you've got to make a choice, Un.

I'm willing to hear you out, to hear your side - no matter how mightily and fitfully the struggle - and to even give you the benefit of the doubt, whenever possible. But your inability to admit a simple reality, even if it requires you to admit an erroneous belief, doesn't inspire great confidence that any continuing discussion will prove helpful to either of us, and our respective "sides". Simply, you clearly want to be heard, but thins like this makes it exceedingly difficult for me to do so.

16. CardinalVol

I would have originally guessed the klan had 50k or so members. I agree most don't belong to any official group, hence where my million came from. Id still say 500k that are at the level of straight up kill the blacks, jews and Mexicans level.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And Catholics. They aren't real big on the Catholics, either.

18. CardinalVol

I honestly had no idea. Makes sense, just had never thought about it.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because, based upon your examples, they don't share similarities and, had you bothered to examine them carefully and considered the far right articles as mere sensationalism, then it would've been readily apparent. A few disparate groups attempting to create safe spaces at dorms (which were still open to all races) and a black graduates looking to congregate together at Harvard isn't the same thing, not even close, to the type of rhetoric and advocacy of these alt-right groups. Not even close. I can accept that these are "snowflake" types that are the product of a more selfish, softer generation, but the advocacy of protections from perceived outside abuse is not the same as the ethos of the alt-right.

I get that you want to absolve your boy Trump at all costs, but if you want me to take yourself seriously on the matter, you must come to a common sense determination that your political starlet has, thus far, failed to recognize in that the acceptance of violence by the alt-right towards people they wish to cleanse from society or the view of different people as inherently inferior or degenerate is significantly different than black students in Colorado wanting a dormitory designed for their own "safety".

You are going to have to make a choice as to whether your natural inclination to hate anything labeled liberal or lefty overrides common sense judgment in these matters. Otherwise, if you can't make such a clear and obvious distinction, I don't really give a shit if you don't want to hear me or find it difficult to do so.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You apparently have not been watching protest around the country by the left.

[video=youtube;-PSYPrE5LrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PSYPrE5LrQ[/video]