Charlottesville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That's what I said

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That event was cancelled

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

BLM members (self-proclaimed) themselves released statements condemning the violence and reiterating that they support only peaceful actions. I don't know of any direct evidence that the shooter even claimed to be part of BLM. So why would Obama, who did condemn the violence without saying something stupid like "all sides" and did speak out about the service and sacrifice of the police, condemn a group that was not directly linked to the shooting? Was the guy in Dallas part of the protesting at any point that weekend? If so, you can break the story.

I don't know why I keep engaging in these endless "what abouts." As if even if they were 100 % accurate it would do anything to make killing innocent people acceptable.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

To contrast, Nazis released statements calling the VICTIM a fat whore after she was murdered by a Nazi.

I'm sorry if I am coming off a little strong on this one, but I can't suffer the level of idiocy it takes to compare the two

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A mean chant is obviously the same thing as killing 6 million Jews

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

and from a similar group the New York chapter of the Trayvon Martin Organizing Committee.

What do we want? Dead Cops. When do we want them? Now

[video=youtube;hqQXmnMr_w8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQXmnMr_w8[/video]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How many officers do their members need to kill for it to count?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You can't compare what happened in Charlotte during a Nazi protest to what happened in Dallas during a BLM protest?

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How many times have Nazi leaders condemned the Holocaust?

But please, continue with this asinine comparison.

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The Dallas incident didn't involve any "members" of BLM, for the trillionth time

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Earlier today I asked about why the police didn't do more and were told to stand down. Answers are starting to emerge and let's just say not everyone is on the same page.

First Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe:
    It’s easy to criticize, but I can tell you this, 80 percent of the people here had semiautomatic weapons," McAuliffe told the paper. "You saw the militia walking down the street, you would have thought they were an army. they had better equipment than our State Police had.

Here's the police side of it:

No, the State Police did not have inferior equipment," Corinne Geller, Virginia State Police public relations manager, told the Free Beacon. "Our personnel are equipped, and were equipped, with the necessary protective and tactical gear for their safety and, obviously, to protect those that were in attendance of the event."

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's not what you were arguing. You wanted to know where the outrage was when Obama didn't call out BLM by name, you were told that there is no comparison between BLM and Nazis and the KKK and thus the situations with he and Trump are not comparable. You, inexplicably, continue to argue that BLM is somehow comparable to the KKK and Nazis

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is what I was arguing; go back and read my post to Norris asking about reaction to the incedents. He is the one that painted BLM with a brush of peace to which I disagreed.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Just for the record... At the incident at Piedmont park in Atlanta, there was one(!!) policeman at the event... Surrounded by a group of anti-fa people shouting "pig" and other things, it was the BLM people on the scene who got between the cop and the crowd and got the cop out of there.

Up to now, I've been no real fan of BLM either, but give credit where it's due. Maybe leadership there is seeing value in working WITH law enforcement...

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And your original response was to me but I'm not going down this path. Let's boil this down to what it is. Is comparing BLM to Nazis or the KKK fair? If your answer is yes, please explain how you have reached this conclusion.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I get it now. Obama good. BLM good. any left leaning organization good. Democrats very Good. Conservatives bad.

Am I doing it right?

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So you are looping Nazis and the KKK into the conservative group? You said it, not me

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To your question "No"

Now mine; is comparing 1 nut job at a Nazi rally to another nut job at a BLM rally fair?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think their label would be far right which would include them in Conservatives (right of center). Just as anarchist are far left. Both sides have warts.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I mean, the Nazi was a nutjob Nazi who wasn't disavowed by other Nazis. The other nutjob was a nutjob who may or may not have been a BLM member who was disavowed by other BLM members.

So, their actions, sure it's fair. Using that to somehow compare their groups or the response by elected officials to said groups is not