Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Helmetless play!

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yikes.

Glad this wasn't my reconditioning year.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We do it every year instead of 2 years

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

What's plan B?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Get the helmets shipped back without conditioning but have to pay fee, leave the helmets and get them finished and maybe borrow enough from other local teams.

I'm waiting till we have something more set in stone on what we're doing playing wise.

It's still pretty up in the air

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So we started lacrosse with a club called No Excuse last week. Club director from last year other club team calls yesterday wondering where we were this year and asked us to play with them at "The Grrrrraillll" in Indiana next weekend. Evidently in this sport it happens at times so we head next week to practice with another team and go to Westfield indiana to get whipped by some northern teams but itll be good for him.
    No idea how this will work. The complex up there in Grand Park is the most expansive thing ive ever seen and no idea how social distancing will work.

7. CardinalVol

Well, I am officially the head man for our 8U football team now. Never been as excited/terrified of anything sports related in my life.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Love dad coaches who are all in for the kids and know how to teach. I miss it badly. From 90s aau to middle school to kids teams for 15 years until 2 years ago when i let my last one loose. And glad i did because hes flying without me

9. CardinalVol

I'm quickly falling in love with the single wing.

10. NorrisAlan

Son and I are playing our first round of golf this weekend, his first and my first in 10+ years. Any nice little par 3s around town?

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There used to be a decent par 3 course on Tazewell Pike, but haven't been to it 15ish years so not sure how it is now.

12. NorrisAlan

Beverly Park? I was looking at that place. One of the recent reviews states the greens are greens in name only, but meh. For $7 for 9 holes cannot go too wrong.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, it would probably suffice for a first timer.

My first few times out, my dad took me to Knoxville Muni later in the days where they offered a discounted price to play as many holes as you could before they ran you off the course. Very rarely would there be anyone else out at that time, so it allowed me to actually work on things on a full course. Not sure if any places still do that, but something to consider.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve been running it for four years now.

It’s been really good to us. We’re 27-13 the last 4 years and we’re the smallest school that plays football in our region.

The 4 years before I got here they won 1 game.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Drove by there last night on way to son’s practice. Looked in decent shape from road.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Course is ok for what it is. Greens are really rough and the back three holes have some kind of blight on the greens.

But, shout out to Beverly Park, for my son plays for free there and that is a huge money saver. And it isn't just a pitch and putt, as most holes are 110-120 yards and the longest being 174.

But the free play for kids 17 and under is just awesome.

Beechervol, NYY, VolDad and 1 other person like this.
  17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

That's a good way to keep the game alive.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[​IMG]

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Couple of high school football players and a coach just tested positive for covid since starting back in Murfreesboro.

Will be curious to see if this changes anything

20. NorrisAlan

Third day in a row on the course with my son. I am in fricking hog heaven.

kmf600 likes this.