Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nice.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The McMinn-DB stuff is wild. What a crappy way to end a HS career.

justingroves likes this.
  3. chavisut

@Ssmiff i watched the last quarter of that game. Great ending.

What happened to Merrel?

Also, that sophomore TE for Indy looks like a future P5 player.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Merril has had a hammy all year. In reality, Coach crawford was forcing it too him too much imo. When he went down, the entire offense responded and Granzow took over.
    And yeah that kid being only 15 is nuts. Their soph rb though. Holy cow. You see the brentwood safety bounce off him on that 50 yard run?

5. CardinalVol

Cannot wait to see what the TSSAA decides. This is a debacle of the highest order.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm going to a party tonight with a bunch of former TSSAA bigwigs. I will try and get the dirt.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

pretty cut and dry if he he had Covid and had been the team 48 hours before his positive

8. CardinalVol

McMinn is saying that's not the case.

9. Ssmiff

The 4th down play made SC top 10

CardinalVol likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Then unless they have proof that should be good enough.

Bullshit that the other health department got involved from an unnamed source

11. CardinalVol

Rumblings there is a chance this game gets played Tuesday. And if that happens the game with maryville would be pushed to saturday. To which Maryville is trying to figure out why they should be potentially penalized a day of game prep for Oakland.

12. CardinalVol

3 pm EST and still no official work on what is going to happen with DB/McMinn.

13. CardinalVol

DB advances.

14. Ssmiff

So was the coach or player trying to hide it?
    It absolutely sucks for these kids to have their senior years wrecked. I have a senior and hes not happy. Its finally prepping them for life for a change now, as they have to respond to disappointment. Some wont unfortunately and my bad dreams are my middle son and current senior will struggle. Lost his job, gf and basically his senior year since March.
    Cant even get mad at a kid for trying to hide it if the mcminn kid did. 15, 16, 17 i remember how i was

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  15. chavisut

Just seems fishy all around.

16. CardinalVol

Yeah. I don't like it at all.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Somebody should get cut over this. If I'm Bo Cagle, I keep practicing and bring my team to Maryville Friday night to challenge the winner WWF style.

18. Ssmiff

How about Timpview, UT hs logo..

Attached Files:

19. Ssmiff

so 2 years ago after years of travel soccer, I talked to my then 6th grader about trying lacrosse. He said "if you think so dad, I'll try." You dads out there know you do your best to make good decisions for your kids and sometimes make mistakes, but you do your best. He knew nothing about the sport. Toiled in developmental with 40 other kids. Not much PT with so many kids. Never complained. Started to really enjoy the sport. Then made a travel summer team, shockingly, but didn't play much as most kids had been playing since they were 5 and 6 years old and he couldn't hang. Then JV in spring was cut short due to covid. Still, all along the way, never said a negative word. Now in 8th grade, he was named Captain and starts vs MBA today, which is one of the best programs in the state and SE.

chavisut, CardinalVol and cpninja like this.
  20. chavisut

Awesome.

Do you see it growing beyond the upper middle class suburbs and privates?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020