Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Daaaaaaamn

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Firs game tonight in 12 days including a week of fall break. This is as nervous as I've been going into a game yet.

3. CardinalVol

High school alma mater played Covington in sub state volleyball last night. Of the four officials that are supposed to call a volleyball match, two of them were players' parents....of Covington. At sub-state level.

Some angry parents and grandparents this morning.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Brentwood looking for their 8th straight title i believe.

5. Ssmiff

I repeat, if you have an athletic daughter who can run and athletic, put a lacrosse stick in her hand. I introduced a friend and his 12 yr old daughter to the game a couple weeks ago. She got addicted to throwing and catching pretty quick. Shes evidently a dominant rec soccer player but they havent done travel. She went out for a practice with the girls club and ran around them like they were standing still. Her dad said its the most fun shes had. There is no hitting in womens lacrosse, so athletic ability can dominate. Mens, athleticism helps, but there are 6'3 defenders who can hit and hit with the stick. Cant do it in womens.

6. Ssmiff

Brentwood girls volleyball wins 8th straight state title. Kinda crazy really. And knowing some of these kids since they were babies is pretty cool.

CardinalVol likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

Maryville has still not lost a region game since 2000.

And this defense might be the best in school history.

8. Ssmiff

Brentwood had 34 kids out due to covid stuff last night vs Cane Ridge and 3 yr starter qb Granzow went down on 3rd play. Backup kid named Davis comes in from wr and completes 17-19 for 250ish yards. Merril has been going off lately but defenses have been very young and small for HS. I need to see him make plays against dbs bigger than him but just as fast

9. CardinalVol

Doubt either of these DCs sleeps well tonight -

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They'll be too excited about their upcoming DC jobs in the Big 12.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d hate to be a DC on an 8 man team playing on a regulation field. that’s a lot of grass to defend especially if the other team has a few athletes

12. CardinalVol

Basketball on grass.

13. CardinalVol

Bit of a debacle between McMinn and DB. Sullivan Co health department received an "anonymous" call from mcminn county that a mcminn county player tested positive for COVID. Game is currently postponed and Bernie and friends will make a decision Monday.

14. Ssmiff

New age bomb threat.
    Looks like Brentwood gonna go down to Indy. Merril went down with a hammy again. 3rd time this year.
    Indy has a 6'0 230 lb soph rb and 6"4 15 yr old who can play

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

What a night in wmsn. Franklin upsets Ravenwood with 3 seconds left and Brentwood takes lead with 18 seconds in a comeback.
    I need to find video of winning td. 4th down, while being tackled, underhanded flip to back pylon for td

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Worst angle but you can see the ball flip end over end on the scoop by qb Granzow. 6'3 good looking athlete headed to pitch at Auburn

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Kingsports director of schools is a cuck.

CardinalVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yeah I def wanna see a better angle

19. Ssmiff

4th down play. In the times of TN sucking and not much interest in pro, HS ball has been an outlet. Entertaining and crazy year.

20. Ssmiff

Ended up not needing it but the 2 pt catch to follow

utvol0427 likes this.