Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I said plenty in the last article when asked about him.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’d work in it, play in it.... and if it was air-conditioned I’d live in it.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Sounds fishy

NYY likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oh man my nephew gave up the tie and winning run in the last inning of his playoff game. Poor kid

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did you celebrate in the stands or at least wait until you got home?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha. No I couldn’t root against them. I do feel like an ass for thinking about it

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Girls three-peat in track and boys finish 3rd. Boys could have finished second, but our first leg tore a muscle in his hip or something serious. Plus, got to watch my favorite athlete to train ever improve by 25 seconds from last year in the 800m run to finish 4th at state.

It was also the hottest [uck fay]ing day ever. I'm going to sleep until next Tuesday, I think.

Ssmiff, CardinalVol and kmf600 like this.
  8. CardinalVol

As you should.

droski likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We will be up in Hendersonville this weekend at Drakes Creek for called the Country Lacrosse Festival. Should be interesting. Teams from 10+ states will be coming in.

10. Ssmiff

When you have a put together team with 4 practices under their belt go compete against teams who have been together for 2-3 years, it equals a long 9am-6pm day in the sun on the lacrosse field. Holy ass whippings

11. Ssmiff

Leaving Ohio with runner up. Exciting games. Lost 5-4 in finals with all 5 goals shorthanded. Eff this shithole. Gimme east or mid tn all day.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

Several friends' kids are playing in the Cooperstwon Dream tournament this weekend and I am insanely jealous of them.

13. Ssmiff

How many teams go? I know of a few from Franklin who played last weekend

14. CardinalVol

There's 100+ teams that play every week. All 12U. 4 seeding games and then single elim.

15. CardinalVol

16. Ssmiff

17. CardinalVol

Ended year 10-5-2. Not bad. Son finally became a cocky little SOB at the plate. Worlds different from start of year.

kmf600 likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Thats all you can ask for really. Except for a title but you blew that.

19. Ssmiff

We head to Westfield Indiana this weekend for lacrosse. What a great learning experience. 22 teams in our bracket from all over. I think a Chicago team is in our 5 team division.
    Card, check out their baseball facilities. You guys ought to look at going up there. Looks like one of the most badass complexes in the country.

http://grandpark.org/baseball-softball-fields/

20. CardinalVol

Ha.

We tailed off our last 5 or 6 games. Would have finished second except for a terrible call against us in the next to last game of season. The other ump and every neutral fan in attendance told me he blew it.

But, it happens.

Part that sucks is I could have had our B team all star team, but the tournament was scheduled while I was in New York. Of course, it's rained so much that we are finally starting tonight, so I could have taken the team. Our A team is loaded, but we could have had a fun ride as well.