Ebola Outbreak

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just think what all is actually coming across out border to the south. All these things coming over with these kids. Think about the dead kids they have found on the way. Were they so sick that they just couldn't make it? I agree with what you are saying.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is a concern, but don't lose sight that these people and kids are just as human as you and I. I don't have an answer for the border stuff, it is a moral dilemma for me.

3. Oldvol75

I understand that. But I also don't just open my on house up for just anyone to walk in and make themselves at home. I'm sure you don't do this either. I question parents just shipping their kids off. I don't think I would send mine to Germany and say,Good luck!

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But you don't live in squalor with no hope of improving yourself. I am sure people shipped their kids to the USA from Europe all the time during 19th and early-to-mid 20th centuries.

5. Oldvol75

Squalor or not, would you send your children to a foreign country? I wouldn't.

6. NorrisAlan

Even if you knew they were 75% likely to die of starvation, drug violence, etc? We look at things through a 21st century lens, and yes, it would be hard for me to fathom doing what some parents have to do.

7. Oldvol75

But we have starvation and drug violence here too.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I remember that now that you said it.

9. NorrisAlan

At no where near the magnitude. Our poorest citizens are wealthy compared to the people that live in the Mexico City slums, or the slums in Rio de Janeiro.

And we have a far, far, FAR higher ceiling when it comes to advancement via hard work in this country. There is little upward advancement available in a lot of these piss poor countries that are sending their children here.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So sex with dead animals seems to be a grey area then

11. NorrisAlan

Sounds like there is clearly some wiggle room there.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

6 people being tested in NYC now.

Misinformation is becoming rampant, with even Canadian government officials fanning the flames by saying that it is "highly suspected" this strain is airborne, but with no confirmation. If this was airborne, there would be a lot more than 800 people dead over the last 5 months. That being said: aerosols are a problem. If they are coughing or sneezing or cleaning involves a spray, bad news bears. We're all Cub fans.

13. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Shoot straight with me IP. How can I keep from dying from this junk?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Avoid bodily fluids from other bodies. That will go a long way.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Good bye, comrades.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is nothing. We knew there were hundreds of people travelling to and from this region daily. This was inevitable. It doesn't mean we have an outbreak here, they were (potentially) infected within the hot zone.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So how long after they die before they reanimate?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never if you burn 'em.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm with IP. Let's napalm Atlanta and morristown

20. NorrisAlan

And all of Alabama. You know. Just to be sure.