Ebola Outbreak

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jul 29, 2014.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exit 4?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was like ten minutes, tops.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Taxpayers gettin' their money's worth.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[​IMG]

Perhaps no one could.

Perhaps no one could.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I laughed.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Scott Ian FTW!

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Atlanta controlling anything typically terrifies me. As spencer hall hall said, Atlanta doesn't do hype things they do on a regular basis well, much less things that don't happen that often.

8. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

AS some dude on Twitter said "how can we trust Atlanta to keep this quarantined when Gucci Mane released 8 mixtapes from jail?"

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wow, it turns out Dr Brantly is related to some of my long time church family from West TN. From what I read today, seemed like he walked into the hospital on his own. That has to be a good thing.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He did and I am already concerned about their ability to handle the virus - Lets walk over these sharp stones in your paper/plastic hazmat suit.

[​IMG]

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Real life Walking Dead, imo.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Wasn't this doctor wearing one of those protective suits? If so, how did he contract it?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He wasn't. Many workers over there are wearing rigged suits composed of rainboots, a chemistry splash apron, glorified dish gloves, and a respirator. I'm not sure he was even using that, as he didn't realize the patient had Ebola.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I didn't know what he was wearing, I was just guessing from some of the TV coverage where they show those guys in suits with some of those patients.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those are WHO doctors, which are a minority of the total health workers dealing with this. The media isn't going to go to a remote village with no funding or Western doctors, as they are likely to get sick themselves. It is pretty bad in some spots.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Was there nowhere else on earth to treat these two, outside of mainland U-S-of-A?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How else will the government kill off millions of Americans and make it look like an accident?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The best facilities are where they are now. So in that sense, no. Did we HAVE to move them? No. But I don't have a problem with it. This isn't going to break out of a CDC quarantine facility. It is going to break out from people like the Morristown doctor who don't have the sense to quarantine themselves, like he did. Even then, US culture is not susceptible to this kind of illness. We are too reactionary, "informed," and compartmentalized (don't handle the dead, swap fluid with large groups, etc). Now, if this gets loose in China they are in trouble.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys realize the Army and the CDC have had this stuff here for 40 years, right? Infecting monkeys and what not?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Morristown doctor?