Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wish I could punch some people in the nose.

Some people deserve to have their noses punched.

What's the best way to ensure that I don't land in jail for having punched someone in the nose?

Is it:
    A. Legalize punching people in the nose.
    B. I just don't punch people in the nose.

Which would lead to more punches in the nose, and which less?

Do you want to live and raise kids in a world with more nose-punching, or less?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm far more concerned with hard drug use going up. my family is one that is prone to psychotic episodes using things like acid. on some level legalizing it is also endorsing it's safety and it makes it far more likely my kids who likely will be as uptight as their father will use. and i'm not sure that won't be true for many many others. i'm all for legalizing pot. I'm just not sold on everything else. i'm open to it. just not 100% convinced it's the right thing.

3. Tenacious D

How about seizing the homes of drug users and giving it to the poverty-stricken and homeless who don't have one?

Or how about seizing cars and giving it to people who want to work, but can't, for lack of transportation?

Or how about selling that shit and using the money to fund the schools in the same areas where the drug use was found, in better hopes that the next kids will f'ing know better.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

:hi:

5. OrangeEmpire

ACLU would never let any thing like that happen on a national scale

6. Tenacious D

Damn, first we're surrendering to drugs and now we're writing off the poor.

You've missed your calling, OE. You'd make Michelle Bachman seem moderate.

7. OrangeEmpire

One thing Maryland does well on the drug side is seizure of property. Their problem is prosecution.

Cartels will take a hit on product, get a car seized and someone is dying.

Bastards are inventory freaks.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wish we'd treat the cartels like al Queda or ISIS and unleash the full-fledged military on them. That would solve a lot of problems IMO. I've thought this for years.

9. OrangeEmpire

351 days till retirement

I'm gonna get one of these mayor spots in west Loudoun that require 20-30 votes to win.

I'll then be a shoe in for Middleburg.

Get Heroin at the Safeway parking lot

10. OrangeEmpire

They're protected by congress

Nothing like getting a huge hit off a whisper stop and dude flat out tells you a congressman will have him out tomorrow.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one is advocating for more drug use. You've literally invented that argument based on an unsupported premise that removing the black market increases drug use. Decriminalization in Portugal has led to LESS DRUG USE. You can't give me an example where it has led to MORE. These are facts.

So much for being a guy willing to try what works and discard what doesn't.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You want to throw the poor in prison for being addicted, and stubbornly keep a policy you know unevenly affects the poor and minorities over the rich and hasn't worked by any measure after nearly 50 years. You have no high ground on this.

13. Tenacious D

It's almost like I detect the faintest outline of something important in this post.

Let me double-check:

Are you intending to imply that the legalization of drugs would not only increase the use, but specifically hit certain groups of people with a much greater force, than others?

For instance, do you think the legalization of drugs would likely increase the use of drugs amongst all kids, the same? Black and white? Rich and poor? Despite any educational level? One or two parent homes?

Surely the legalization of drugs wouldn't be a disproportionately vicious and widespread hit to those who are already weakest and most in need of help, amongst us - like the poor, the uneducated, etc. - right?

That wouldn't happen. Would it?

Because I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be standing behind some person who spends $100 on lottery and/or scratch-off tickets, and then just watch them stroll right out to their Lexus, and some chrome Ivy League alum license plate cover, on their Merry way to pick the kids up from private school, and returning to their gated community. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! It infuriates me every time I've seen that.

Which is zero. I've never, ever seen that - and neither has anyone else, nor will they.

14. CardinalVol

You left out the half-case of Natty-light.

15. Tenacious D

That's a fantastic idea.

But then, we'd actually have to get serious about the cartel-controlled state to our south, and securing our shared border.

So, that's a non-starter. Ammiright, Dems? Gotta get those votes, man. Gotta get those votes.

Yeah, I'm right.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why is this thread being shown as locked?

17. OrangeEmpire

Hahahaha

The glory of college

18. OrangeEmpire

Wondered that myself

19. CardinalVol

College? These are adults I speak of. Natty light or Busch/Busch Light. Lotto ticket. I honestly feel sorry for them.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Even if you take out the cartels, they'll still be drugs. It'll just become more expensive and dangerous.

We can't even keep them out of prisons.