#FireColbert

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just a sect now, but was their way originally.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I figured you were going to say Sab.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mocking san via suggesting he committed sexual acts? HOW DARE you!

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

EDIT: I'm sorry. That was not the statement I really wished to make, so I am ammending it.

I would like to instead say that I do not think you understand the situation and perhaps are not nearly as clever as you think you are. I believe this is a common occurence with you, brought on by an inflated sense of something quite undeserved as well as a demeaning view of others, often also undeserved.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It seems it's been said about 200 times that it's more an issue of a hypothetical double standard than outrage over the actual incident.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hard to judge double standard when there is no equivalent comparison.

I still think your radio shock jocks would be best example, and even then, they are a dime a dozen, and someone like Colbert isn't.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It is difficult to judge. However, it is my belief that if Sean Hannity (conservative commentr but no comedian) had suggested that Hillary Clinton was Angela Merkel's **** licker, the same people saying "nothing to see here" both in this thread and in the media would have been calling foul.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You can't differentiate between the type of entertainer/show Sean Hannity has and the type of entertainer/show Colbert has?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What conservative type entertainer/show would you like to compare to Colbert's?

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think that's the challenge here. I'm not sure there is a conservative equivalent. Are there a lot (any) conservative comedians out there? Is Joe Rogan considered a conservative? He might be a valid comparison if so.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Strong reading.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dennis Miller?

13. cpninja

cpninja Member

Greg Gutfeld seems like the closest thing I can think of(in terms of a conservative TV personality that dabbles in "comedy"), and if had said that Clinton's mouth was Merkel's ***** licker there wouldn't have been any massive outrage. Some #ImWithHer losers on Twitter would whine and he'd give an apology the next day, and then no one would remember it 6 months later. If he had insulted Obama, there'd be more outrage but that's because people actually liked the guy(especially towards the end of his time as POTUS).

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is who I thought of, though he doesn't have a show. I assume that he does a stand-up routines to large audiences which could be considered comparable.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thank you.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wouldn't find any outrage in him saying something like what has been suggested as a comparison.

Because I understand who Dennis Miller is and what his schtick is.

And I have a sense of humor.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not outraged by what he said. It is the hypocrisy that I enjoy pointing out.

I am also well aware of your sense of humor. I have been reading your posting since the election and am finding much humor.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Im glad you've enjoyed them.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There's no hypocrisy, as I would welcome the jokes from either side.

That some people get upset doesn't mean that ALL people get upset.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But some do. Or at least they act like they're upset/outraged. Those are the people he is calling hypocrites. Not you or the ones who don't get upset/outraged.

Seems pretty straight forward.