Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes. At minimum, he needs to be paid his castle full of whores

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sansa hates Danny for one reason - she is everything that she has always longed to be, but isn’t - a Queen. Recall Sansa’s fixation on marrying Joffrey and becoming queen in Season 1. And recall that she remained loyal to Joffrey even after he killed her father. As to those who would say, “Well, what choice did she have?” I’d say - as many as she wanted, and at least as many, if not more, than Arya, and who bugged out of King’s Landing after Ned got killed, so as to be reunited with her family at Winterfell.

It was Sansa who entertained Little Finger’s fawned advances because he was the only one who promised her a path to safety and possibly to becoming the Queen. And it was also Sansa who was so stupidly inept as to not see Little Finger for what he was, even to the point of being disloyal to her father, as she must have well known how thoroughly he despised him.

She may stumble and find or invent some other substantiation for why she hates Danny - but she really hates her for the same reasons she tolerated Joffrey, Cersei, Tyrion and Little Finger - because Danny has the inside track to the same seat she also wants.

She’s a caustic mix of all of the most terrible traits - vain, stupid, haughty, incompetent, prone to flattery, flippant, more loyal in word than deed, and who has such a zest for power and praise as to be blind to it all, and more - and she is easily the worst character on the show, bar none.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wasnt sansa 14 when all the shit went down as she was scared for her life while being mentally and physically abused?

tvolsfan, lylsmorr, IP and 1 other person like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Arya was helped out of Kings Landing. Sansa was perpetually under Jofferys eye.

IP likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Part of me thinks Jon dies early because of his desire to do the right thing.

The other part of me remembers he can be a ruthless sum[itch bay] when confronted with problems.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How old was Ariya? Lol at All these dumbasses liking this stupid shit.

reVOLt and IP like this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty sure there were quite a few threats to the rest of the Stark family used to keep Sansa in line.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Arya doesn’t have Forel with her, she doesn’t make it out of the castle.

Ned doesn’t tip off Yoren, she likely doesn’t make it out of King’s Landing.

Sansa was trapped.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

George R.R. Martin recently said he doesn’t think the endings of the books and show will be very different at all and considers the tv show to be 97 percent faithful. I don’t think the ending will really be all that different than what he had in mind.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Plus, about 98 percent of all women are more likely to be like Sansa than Arya. Probably almost all men, too.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, he isn't even going to write the damn books.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't Jamie one time say something Ned about how Ned to find the Mad King dead and Jamie sitting on the Iron Throne... Jamie gets up and says he was just keeping it warm for Ned. Years later when they meet Jamie says something about how much better things would have been if Ned had just climbed up there and claimed the throne. He didn't. Robert did. He was an awful king. Bad things ensued.

Kind of feels like the same set up here. Jon is the super honest, super moral warrior that doesn't really want to be king. He going to step up where Ned didn't and take care of the realm?

IP and lylsmorr like this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's probably just going to have the shows transcribed and then try to sell them off as novels while he eats donuts.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If my Bronn final scene doesn't work out, I want Jon to be approaching the throne to claim his seat as the screen slowly fades, transitioning to a disheveled GRRM asleep in bed. He suddenly awakens and quickly makes his way to a nearby computer, where he begins typing as viewers slowly realize the entire series was a dream that ultimately inspires GRRM to finish the books.

IP likes this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would certainly be a circular finish.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

How will we eve know? You think he's actually going to finish the series before he kicks the bucket?

If he does...I'm not sure I'll read it....oh...and [uck fay] Patrick Rothfuss.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I maintain the books are finished and he has been paid an advance to sit on them until after his death.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d hate to be the poor sod that has to get them out from under his dead body