Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not a Naomi Watts fan so wasnt really fired up.

2. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Danny going crazy was the inevitable conclusion to her arc. Hell, she's already is half crazy. But the other bits could use some work.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What happened wasn’t as bad, for me, as settling it all in a couple of episodes. It’s like if the whole series was one episode from each season.

that’s not to say I was happy with it all either

IP likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, but they failed to execute the descent into crazy. It was clear that is where it was going, but they didn't trigger it well imo. Would have been better if it was out of jealousy rather than grief. Such as the people liking Jon better.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was clear when the material was from Martin and when the amateur hour began. In early seasons, a ride from one part of Westeros to the other side would take much of a season with characters and stories drawn out and layered. By the last 2-3 season, it was summer movie time. People would be on the other side of the continent by the next episode, heroes would show up at the exact second they needed to be there and so on.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah it's well documented already in the books, but D&D ignored it, then ham fisted it in over 1.5 episodes.

12. Ssmiff

Loved the series but didn't care for final season

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

House of the Dragon starts tonight.

14. Ssmiff

this gonna be any good? Is Martin involved?

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

House of the Dragon is an American fantasy drama television series that is a prequel to the television series Game of Thrones (2011–2019), both based on the A Song of Ice and Fire novels by George R. R. Martin. The prequel series was created by Martin and Ryan Condal for HBO and is based on portions of Martin's 2018 novel Fire & Blood. Condal and Miguel Sapochnik are showrunners for House of the Dragon. Set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the beginning of the end of House Targaryen, the events leading up to and covering the Targaryen war of succession, known as the "Dance of the Dragons".

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am going to give it a chance.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If it’s releasing 1 episode at a time, I’ll see y’all in a few years. If we are getting a full season up front, I’m interested.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

the last 3-4 season of got was so shitty I can't muster up a give a damn for this

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

it was so great then fell off. Didn’t Martin stop his involvement or something? One of the greatest scenes ever is John Snow watching the Whitewalkers just falling off a cliff by the 1000s coming after him. Some incredible scenes every week

IP likes this.
  20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I think it's got potential, albeit through one episode