GOP Debate - Round 2

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Semiautomatic is right there in the definition.

What are you arguing, exactly? Do you think assault weapons should be banned or restricted? If the answer is no, why are you arguing about whether AR-15's are one or not? Shouldn't that be irrelevant to your position?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

float_, we just aren't going to agree on this. Your argument is akin to saying the jet engine was developed with airliners in mind.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, I'm not. I'm saying specific designs have specific purposes. You are grouping them all into one. Which is idiotic, and poor classification.

I'm saying the jet engine on a LearJet isn't designed for military use. And you are saying it is, because the first jet engine was designed for military use, or that its current iteration was derived from a military jet engine.

So yea, we may never agree. And I'm fine with that, because the LearJets' jet engines aren't designed for military use. If you think they are, well, just continue this line of thought.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't "think" a jet engine was designed for military use, it was. This is why it is not surprising to me that there is an FAA and all sorts of licensing that goes along with flying jets.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We're headed toward a three day wait period and a background check on a can of green beans in this thread.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it a Muslim can from Mexico?

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Could be. If it was pork and beans, then no way.

8. fl0at_

I didn't say "a jet engine." I specifically said "a LearJet's engine." And no, a LearJet's engine was not designed for military use. I don't even know why we even have humans classified as homo sapiens. We're clearly all just cells.

Is this a new line of thought for you? I'd go ahead and abandon it. There are licenses required to fly jets in public airspace, which is all airspace, in the same way there are licenses required to drive cars in public. And there are licenses required to carry firearms in public, in most states. (Not all, open carry exists in some states, but that's a legal right, just as requirements for pilots license is a legal requirement).

But there is no license required to OWN a jet. Just as there is no license required to OWN a car. Just as there is no license required to OWN a firearm.

So now you can also not be surprised about that.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mexican Muslims?

Trump's head just exploded.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The cell false analogy would work if I were bringing up all engines or simple tools.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's awesome

13. fl0at_

It absolutely works. Because there are types of cells. Just as there are "types" of engines.

You are absolutely classifying based on the first element, and nothing more. You're nothing but combined sperm and an egg, based on your ridiculous concept of parts of the whole, rather than the whole.

And hell, the first jet engine wasn't designed for the military either. The first jet engine was designed before the first airplane.

It is just getting absolutely ridiculous. The fact that fighter planes have jet engines does not mean all planes with jet engines are fighter planes, even if it can be equipped with sidewinder missiles. But that is exactly how you are classifying.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, who's the wunderkind that's going to derail Trump from winning the GOP nomination, this week?

Rubio? Carson? Mitt?

Have we cycled through them all, yet? A couple of them twice, even?

[​IMG]

15. CardinalVol

Go for it. I never thought the normal jerry springer watching crowd could stick along this long. Guess I was wrong.

I supported her husband in 92. Pulling the lever for Hillary won't be the toughest thing I've ever done.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This butt-hurt temper-tantrum coupled with an acerbic and perpetual series of ad hominem attacks essentially makes you a Democrat, anyway, so I'd expect - and it makes sense - that your vote to follow.

But, enlighten me here, Card - what's it going to be like for you, on the night of the GOP convention, as Trump climbs the steps to accept your Party's nomination? Walk me through that heaving range of emotion and flash-flickering thought process.

Honestly, I'd like to be with you, so as to get a first-hand view of the shock, disgust and awestruck silence at your having just watched Donald Trump jump up in and just shit-house your entire Party? I mean, just bent it over and made it his lady-friend, and then forced her to foot the bill for breakfast the next morning.

Of course if the GOP would stop bullshitting its own constituency by allowing the Dems to convince you guys to run mush-mouthed moderates, or you know, would actually do any fraction of the shit they claim to support, neither the Donald nor the Tea Party exists right now.

You must know that, right?

You must realize that they've done this all to themselves, and deserve every ounce of it, right?

I ache for you, Card. You're a true-red card-carrying member of the GOP, and you are not only in the vast minority's within your own Party, but you and it are utterly powerless - impotent, even - to do a single damned thug about it.

Maybe this serves as a wake-up call to conservative constituents like you - perhaps you don't fit the GOP, anymore or after all?

Or maybe it wakes up the GOP establishment, and they finally starting asking themselves tough questions, stop trying to be Democrat-lites, and get serious about what they are, and are about.

But I love - LOVE - that you've already lost all hope of his losing, and are so angry that you'll vote for Hillary, instead.

Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Meanwhile, Hilary advances like a plague through democrat village. The primary is Edgar Allen Poe's The Red Death, and she is that affliction. All the different rooms of color, but there is no escape.

18. CardinalVol

How will I feel? Eh, either pure apathy will kick in my that point and I won't care at all or I'll feel like I did during the Butch intro presser. Knowing full well that the sheep are eating it up, but that a tremendous opportunity was lost while someone not qualified at all for the position stands there giving his victory speech.

Angry? No. I just think Trump is a populist who will either lose to Hillary or pave the road for a total Democrat takeover of both houses and presidency by 2020.

Of course, I did hear an interesting fact today about Donald. He ranks #1 on several people's list, but he doesn't rank as a 2 or 3 for anyone else. So, while I readily admit I underestimated his ability to connect with folks who probably can't name 5 Presidents total, it will be interesting to see what happens after Iowa/New Hampshire when people drop out and people start going to their plan B. Eventually, 17 candidates will whittle down. It's just a matter of when.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Trump is probably the most big government candidate running aside from Bernie.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin.