How this plays out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 24, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Have you seen the schedule?

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Is it not the coach's responsibility to get our players ready each week and the inability to do that, resulting in a loss of the Beer Barrel, should not ever be acceptable to us as fans? Listen, I get that sometimes teams lose, but what the **** is wrong with VN as a collective that that line of thinking is even acceptable amongst our fanbase? This is NOT the Tennessee I grew up with... Is it today's society that has lessened the desire to excel and win? If so, I'm taking my kids to the outback of Alaska so they aren't tainted by this shit.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The Outback of Alaska? Is that a euphemism?

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Meant to type Australia

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did you watch the Arkansas game?

This team can beat anyone on a given day but lose to anyone the next Saturday.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

After getting blasted by Bama, blowing up against UT, and escaping a team Vandy just beat, its already there.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Lyle fans like to talk about expectations as in - "well, were picked to go 8-4 - so what are you upset about . . . ?"
    But this schedule is a lot easier than pretty much everyone thought at the start of the year. Georgia is worse, Arkansas is worse, all of the East outside of Florida is worse. And from a talent standpoint this is not the same Florida team that we saw pre-Lyle era even though they have played solid.

I think you can make an argument that this is the easiest schedule we have had in the post-Fulmer era.
    That is largely why 8-4 feels and will feel like a bad season. Its a lot like how James Franklin won 8 regular season games.

Problem is - Florida is on its way up. USC has the chance to get a good coach. UGa more than likely is going to be improved over this year's team. And Missouri is a program that strikes me as one that will have a year like this one every 3 or 4 years but otherwise will beat Lyle once it has Vandy-level talent.

Further: 6-6 is as likely as 8-4 in my opinion. If I had to bet I would put money on 7-5.

What I wonder is how Lyle will move the goalposts in terms of expectations for 2016.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really don't see Tennessee dropping another regular season game. And I really think it's ridiculous he would get another year even if he dropped one, let alone two.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I say they lose a minimum of one with a max of three.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No way. These teams absolutely suck. Hell, KY might be the best of the lot.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How many have better coaching staffs? Have you forgotten who leads our band?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We easily have the worst coach, but these teams are atrocious.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So is our staff. I expect one to two losses with one being more likely. Someone is going to embarrass Lyle.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thank goodness rifle season for deer starts soon.

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Surprising comment but Doug Mathews said if Butch loses any of the remaining games he would expect someone on the staff should be looking for a job.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

He wasn't suggesting Butch but was suggesting a position coach or a coordinator.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Even if they win out there are some people that need to be looking for jobs.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mathews also said it's poor coaching that Jennings isn't involved more

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Someone has to go or they'll lose Sheridan

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When doug turns on you....