How this plays out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 24, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's the only sign? This idiot has a history of keeping the best players off the field and he's worried about Jennings, who we'd never throw to anyway?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is no coincidence that certain players had to miss playing time in the UGA game and we suddenly started playing better.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's why I assume they move him to safety. At least on defense, if the ball is not thrown his way, it's a good thing.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's the one he's been most vocal about. He's adamant that Jennings needs to be a free safety and allowed to roam.

He called him "the next Deon Grant" if he's allowed to be.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But hasn't mentioned Kirkland, Tuttle, KMac, JJones, etc.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Probably has to do with the fact Jennings is a mid-state guy that he's seen play a lot.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He said Kirkland should start after the OU game and that Tuttle and KMac were the best DT's on the roster.

He was on a Jack Jones kick early, but he also believes all OL should be redshirted. He is an old school guy.

He blistered Butch over Jennings though and this is coming from a guy that had never spoke ill of Butch before this year.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I like Jennings, but he's a true freshman at a position that has plenty of talented guys. I don't have any real issue with the amount of PT he's gotten. There are plenty other personnel issues I'd gripe about first.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If he didn't blister him over the Dobbs thing, he isn't serious about it.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Talent at WR has never been the question or concern. Azzanni

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

...and botch and debored

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Need to invent another new pre-snap WR stance. That would fix everything, IMO.

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Stack 4 deep

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I've always thought that they should stand with their backs to the LOS. Defense can't read their eyes that way. Destroys all defensive eye discipline.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I think you're on to something here.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

might as well stand facing the QB, anyway. a little less movement for the quick screen.

17. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

If he loses a game or more I doubt there would be any potential coach worth crap to come here. Of course I doubt Lyle would ever target a potential coach worth crap to come here.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If they wore skirts, the defense would have a mighty hard time keeping eyes on thighs.