Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'll pay. I couldn't stand for anybody to think I would renege on a bet. And as I said, I'd gladly pay for a dinner for UT to have the kind of season that would cause me to lose.

Indy will pay, or he will catch unmitigated hell until he pays or quits the board.

If you would have dropped that 11-1 over and over again just before the beginning of next season, I could agree with this logic. You didn't. You've said it repeatedly already.

This season is over. The challenge for next season has been extended. Do you believe in what you post, or do you just spout random bullshit?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do you want Indy to put his money on some trucker's taint?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I make the bet and lose, I will certainly pay.

Not true. Any predictions of next season made this far in advance rely on the built in assumption that things will be as they are now (i.e. No major injuries to key players, no big time transfers, our recruiting class finishing as we expect, etc.). If Kamara enters the draft and Hurd tears his ACL before the season starts, the landscape will have changed drastically. But it won't matter if I've already made the bet.

Essentially, what I'm saying is if things go as planned in the offseason, I'll be happy to make the bet. I'm not sure why that would be a problem.

4. cotton

That isn't what you said in your other posts, over and over again. You said we will be no worse than 11-1.

Why are you backing up now?

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's not really backing up.

6. cotton

I misread his posts. When he wrote there was no way we would be worse than 11-1, I thought he meant there was no way we would be worse than 11-1.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Well you sure read a lot into that.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we modify this bet to account for any vaginal gaping? Like give Indy an "out" clause if one of two players are seriously injured/charged with rape/otherwise not here next season?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wouldn't that just be the same as making the bet as the season starts?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is this a direct quote?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. I want defined reasons as to what would make you back off the opinion. I don't want an open-ended one where you can pick and choose any of a number of offseason things happen every year as a reason why you no longer feel adamant we will go 11-1.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you think I will be able to back down for just anything and not catch a bunch of shit for it?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that if you wouldn't back down for just anything, you should be able to define at least some broad events that would change the picture (example: Joshua Dobbs is gone for several games for whatever reason).

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Well done.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Some do.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm certain I could cover some of them. Could I possibly cover everything that could possibly happen? Of course not.

I've said I will take the bet if nothing too crazy happens over the off season. I could just tell you to **** yourself. You're just being annoying at this point.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was wrong, you are a bit of a [Penis].

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You are straight up nagging me in this thread about a bet I've already agreed I will make before the season starts barring any major unforeseen issues. My suggestion of waiting has been perfectly reasonable, yet instead of just accepting it and having fun with this for the next however many months, you keep arguing with me about why I should accept the bet now. It's like when someone comes and asks you to play ball with them, you tell them you will be out in 15 minutes (with every intention of coming out to play ball in 15 minutes), and they keep whining "but I want to play ball nowwwwwww!"

If me getting tired of that makes me a [Penis], then I guess I'm a [Penis].

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy, **** yourself.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

All the shit you take on this board and these last 2 posts are the ones that get you all riled up? Are you having a shitty day or something?