Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

11-1 Indy wins, 9-3, cotton wins and 10-2 is a push? That's pretty reasonable, especially for something as simple as a dinner (say, $100, max??) and an avy change. I happen to side with Indy, as 11-1 is entirely doable considering the talent coming back and the insanely favorable schedule...

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You trying to get in on this? A-smith sounds interested as well. This might turn into a feast.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It'd be cool if we could morph this bad boy into a steak and beans contest... Getting everybody together might be problematic though....

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy, you insufferable dip shit. I proposed making some constraints or qualifiers to ease your concerns of something unforeseen changing the situation dramatically. You told me I was being annoying. You then propose the same thing the next day.

Cotton was right. You're full of shit and are unwilling to actually back up the things you say. You're all talk. A poor man's kidbourbon.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was proposing any sort of dialogue with Cotton whatsoever because up until this point he has been "all or nothing." I want to wait to finalize the bet until closer to the season, which I have made clear many times in this thread. You quoted me each time I said that trying to change my mind and discuss the stipulations of a bet in which you are not involved. That is annoying.

I've said numerous times I'm more than happy to back up what I say. You're just unwilling to accept anything unless it's done your way. You sound like a child.

And I find it funny that you're calling me "all talk" despite me all but assuring I will accept a bet that has no negative repercussions for my opponent if he were to lose.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree. Too bad the person involved and the other person who thinks he's involved want nothing to do with logical idea of waiting until closer to the season to finalize the details of the bet.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And lastly, IP, it doesn't make any ****ing sense for me to waste my time coming up with a bunch of scenarios that would make me change my mind on the bet when we can just ****ing wait until the season and see what happens. If a bunch of crazy shit goes down, we won't have the bet. If the team stays mostly healthy and no random shit happens, we will come up with a few in-season stipulations and finalize it. I see no reason for you to have such a problem with this.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're insufferable.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You weren't waiting until closer to the season to repeatedly and adamantly make the statement you were making, dumb ass. He merely asked if you were willing to put your money where your mouth is. You have declined and backtracked.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't recall you having any qualifications behind your repeated "11-1" statements. None. I do recall you acting like any thoughts on a worse season were ridiculous. I guess you didn't think any offseason issues were possible then?

11. faildozer

faildozer Member

Probably time to just let this thread die. Holy shit.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That sounds a lot like a bunch of equivocating bullshit to me, but it is what it is. I mean, it takes a ton of conviction to stand behind your words for two twenties and some e-cred.

You should start adding disclaimers under your posts.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You serious, Clark?

This thread is gold!

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Is this real life?

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This is just fantasy.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Beep beep.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Seems to me an agreement is not really difficult, if the two parties are sincere. Indy wants to wait until just before the season starts in case of injuries or departures. Indy make a list of the key players that loss of would affect the team's record. There should be a limit of 4 or 5. Cotton must approve, and if these players miss the season, Indy can void the agreement. I do not care for the "push" if the record is 10-2, but I have o option to offer.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We are sitting in the middle of coaching change season, recruiting isn't finalized, etc. There's no reason not to wait. If I try to get out of the bet on some bull shit, I will never live it down, and you know it. Which is fine because I have no intention of doing so.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone should tell all the gamblers on the 8th that they should place their bets for next season now rather than right before the games.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone should call up the first guy who puts out an early top 25 for next season and ask if he wants to put wagers on any of it. I bet I can guess what his response will be.