Iraq Battles Islamists in Saddam’s Hometown

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jun 12, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

What solution?

Please, tell me you are about to try and blame Obama. Pretty please.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The whole thing was a huge boondoggle with zero exit strategy. Chalk it up to history and pray it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass in the next 20 years.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are Democrats; thus they can do no wrong. Get with the program.

4. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Comedy gold. For those of us outside the left/right paradigm, we thank you. Cognitive dissonance rarely disappoints.

5. Who cares what the Clintons thought? Iraq was a disaster, led by W. That fact that that's a defense for W is pathetic.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who was in charge of the White House? Who was setting the tone and agenda of intelligence gathering?

http://www.alternet.org/story/87630/senate_intelligence_committee:_bush_and_cheney_misled_us_on_iraq

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-schwarz/colin-powell-wmd-iraq-war_b_2624620.html

I get it, you have to see this as political. It isn't. The politics are irrelevant at this point, but the failure of our intelligence system and government shouldn't be ignored.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

this might be the grossest thing ever

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm so glad you disagree with me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because you're in the batshit crazy paradigm.

9. JayVols

Has nothing to do with that. I'll criticize anyone if it's deserved.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Easy, liberal.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

umm the exit solution. i.e. just leaving and saying "good luck!" and yes that's on obama. the fact he didn't create the problem doesn't mean he shouldn't clean up the mess properly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's one thing to argue it's a major f up by bush, it's quite another to argue he knew there were no WMD and went in to revenge daddy.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  13. JayVols

I get all fired up when someone questions my ability to toe the Rachel Maddow propoganda line. Sorry.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I lay the blame for Iraq squarely at the feet of W and Cheney.

I also don't have a problem saying that the Clintons can be wrong sometimes.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i find it rather hilarious you argue this isn't political, but then post "evidence" by two left wing organizations.

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Amazing that we managed to find zero WMDs. I know, he just got bad advice.

17. JayVols

I agree. NAFTA.

18. hatvol96

Other than we found nothing Chaney's doctored intel said we would?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

or hussein wanted people to think he had WMD because he thought if they didn't think it he'd be invaded immediately. nah that can't be the reason.

20. hatvol96

So, Chaney and Bush got duped by a crazy person. So, they're either treasonists or imbeciles. I can accept either answer.