Is HRC Bisexual / Lesbian? Some Questions.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 16, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If somone is 20 years old right now and becomes President in 25 years and has been covering up a totally platonic marriage in order to look "normal", it might be an issue.

But when they were married all those years ago, it was expected and demanded. To continue to carry it on, if true, is now just a matter of political expediency, the same as many marriages among the politicking body has been since the beginning of time. If it is a sexless marriage, so what. Even if she is straight, I imagine it has been sexless for a very long time.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If you are asking if it would matter to some, and not should it matter, the answer is most definitely, yes. That's very unfortunate in my opinion, but it's the truth. Maybe someday we will get beyond race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc, but we aren't there yet, by a long shot. And those that see every incident, usually a negative one but could be a positive one, being a result of some bias/hatred towards the groups I mentioned previously, share some of the blame for that fact. The people that actually hate others based on "groups" do not carry lone responsibility for it, imho.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  5. NorrisAlan

Just saw this clip on CNN, and it is bizarre that there are two throwaway jokes in the same exact segment that is germane to this discussion and the Trump discussion:

[video=youtube;GVpgVa-E3e8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpgVa-E3e8[/video]

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

On point, Norris. I would not condemn her for the marriage as that was a different time with different expectations. Then the political value of the union takes over and carries forward. Someone of a younger generation would be understandably viewed differently.

The bigger issue for me would be why take so long to advocate GLBT issues, in fact only doing so when somewhat a political necessity for Dems, if you were part of that community all along? I already know the answer, but that's the larger issue.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

absolutely nothing has stopped her from getting divorced over the past 16 years. it'd certainly be dishonest. not that she hasn't shown that side of her in spades already.

8. NorrisAlan

Come on, Droski, you know Bubba's political capital is far too valuable to just toss aside when your sole desire is the White House.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

would it have really hurt her? I doubt it.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The folks who care aren't voting for her anyway.

11. NorrisAlan

Zachary.

12. JayVols

What about FDR and Eleanor?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to explore this "PC Infant" concept. What does that mean? Not thinking folks will care is now infantile and PC? I don't think you know what either of those words mean, then. They're non sequiturs.

Further, if someone says "don't care" or whatever, how does that translate to anything more than a statement of their opinion? I haven't seen one person in this thread claim it is impossible that it will make a difference, or that there is "no way" it would. All I've seen is that they don't care, and that people who support her will support her while people who don't won't.

A more answerable questions is why do you care? Like, at all? What does it matter to you? You're not voting for her either way. Not considering her. AND you are on record as believing Trump is going to win the whole thing handily. "Hide and watch," etc. So what's your point in this thread?

What does Warlick's struggles allegedly due to her alleged orientation (or not alleged, I don't know because IDGAF) have to do with being asked if people considering voting democrat would change their votes en masse if she were known to be gay? Why does not offering an opinion on a gosh darn Lady Vol matter suddenly count as having an opinion?! Geez Tenny, you think the folks around here are sitting around thinking about Lady Vols recruiting? I have no idea why she's struggling. Maybe because the team doesn't win shit anymore? Nah, winning isn't important. That's what you always say, "just don't worry about winning, baby."

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is it that you think she owes us in terms of her relationships? If they have a partnership that works, what does it matter? I'm not saying I can't see the perspective of "that's dishonest," I just think it ignores the decades of partnership they've had and the environment in which they first initiated it. Honesty wasn't an option until very, very recently. Or in Tenny's opinion, it still isn't really one in terms of her pursuing her professional goals.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Candy ass.

16. JayVols

If it is ok for Frank Underwood to be bi-sexual, by goonies, it should be ok with everyone if Hillary, Donald, Ted, Bernie, etc is.

17. NorrisAlan

Anyone hungry for power will do whatever it takes, without any sense of disgust or remorse. Just weapon in the Power arsenal.

18. JayVols

We're talking about politicians here.

Water is wet.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

1. Do these reports seem credible, or not. I am not well enough informed to be sure either way, but it would not surprise me.

2. Should it matter if she is bisexual / lesbian, as it relates of her candidacy for office? It should not as it doesn't affect reasoning.

3. Will that question matter to most Americans, come November, rightly or wrongly? I do not know if most, but I think more than most on here are predicting, a significant number.

4. If it matters, how strongly would it influence voters in November - for well or ill? It will possibly make the difference in the election.

5. If these reports are being reputably reported, and easily available, why isn't the mainstream media reporting on them - and should they, or not? They are so obsessed by getting her elected they refuse to see any blemishes. And to keep Trump out. Yes they should.

6. Should she be asked about it, and be required to respond? What if she confirms it? Denies it? I feel like JT5, be upfront and I don't care. Either way, if mainstream voters believe it, she's done.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It would be interesting to hear the Evangelicals' response if she confirmed.