LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

My opinion of Steele isnt from this one game, his defense has been very porous the last couple of seasons at Clemson. This year their defense was ranked 81st in the nation for points scored against.......UT was 36th this year. The question that I ask myself is, do we have better athletes on defense than Clemson? Have we had better athletes on defense the last two years than Clemson? Just dont know if he will do any better here with what we have talent wise on the defensive side of the ball. JMO

2. FTR, LWS said it may or may not happen.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would love to have Steele as a defensive position coach. He's an amazing recruiter, but I have serious doubts that are justified about his ability to manage an entire defense. A perfect scenario based on the rumors floating around would be to hire Shannon as DC, Clemson to fire/attempt to demote Steele, Steele accept a position coach job with UT. With the bad juju that has been hanging over the program as of late, the chances of this fairytale ending is less than zero.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs has now confirmed this morning that we have spoken to Randy Shannon.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Thank God we have at least talked to him. Whether or not there is legitimate interest from Shannon's camp remains to be seen, but I say you open the check book to get him.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He said "I'd be shocked if Steele isn't announced in the next 24 hours." This was on 247.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

On VN he says it's not Shannon and he doesn't know why, but after last night it might not be Steele, he doesn't know.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a joke about LWS.

His go to response is usually "It may happen or it may not". He's done this for years. Then, whether it happens or not, people claim he called it.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shannon sees this as a good chance to be named interim and market himself for a HC spot, be it here or somewhere else. He's not going to be here long if he's named DC which is fine because it means he's doing a kickass job.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's still saying we haven't even talked to Shannon. That's false. So, I'm no longer listening to him on this search. I'm hoping to Christ Dooley hires SHannon.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He came out pretty definitively and said Steele would be hired. I think he's now wrong on his info though.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know he did this time, but it's a rare occasion nowadays for him to do so.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know he did this time, but it's a rare occasion nowadays for him to do so.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Folks on VQ seem to be convinced that Shannon is the one that will be hired and there is a great chance we will hear by tomorrow, which would fall in line with docvols prediction and SBV's concurrence.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

sucks to hear that D Williams evidently wouldn't qualify academically for the SEC. All or nothing on Borque now I guess.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If it's not good enough to save Dooley's job, we bring in a whole new staff regardless of who the DC is. If it is good enough to save Dooley's job, we're suddenly back on the map and are an attractive landing spot for coaching talent. Really hard to see a losing scenario here.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

ops...wait a sec, that info is from Gi Joe so Im not sure how much stock I put into it.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Now, a dipshit poster on VQ is saying that he has a friend who is also a family friend of Daniel McCullers family. He said Dooley has told McCullers that Shannon is the new DC.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's really not one. Shannon will coach the D up and work his ass off for a job, be it here or somewhere else in 2013. There will be fans that say he used Tennessee as a stepping stone, which is dumb because assistants that aren't getting job offers are usually shitty assistants.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Absolutely. But, the good thing is that we appear to be in good shape with Borque.