LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Additionally, the buyout's just as big next year. Show of hands who thinks Dooley will still be around (buyout or not) after a subpar 2012?

2. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

And you assumed! That tells me a lot about you! You are the one that is hilarious! Fact is, it sounds like we both want the same thing. Dooley to put up or shut up and leave. I see that you think Dooley should be able to dig his own grave while I think he needs to be babysat to prevent further deterioration of the program

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Now, there are multiple threads saying Shannon to UT on VolQuest.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Almost every decent coach in the two major sports in the country has staff hiring autonomy written into their contracts. There's a reason for that. Dooley's at least a football coach. Hart's a bean counter whose athletic background is in basketball. If Hart is convinced he knows better than Dooley who should be the defensive coordinator, he should immediately terminate Dooley or resign himself for failing to have the requisite intestinal makeup to execute the duties of his office.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If any multimillionaire business owners are interested in sponsoring scientific research into past climate as well as carbon storage/sequestration in temperate alpine peatlands, they should pm me.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm saying our situation is an exception to the rule.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Please, please, please. If tonight's game served to sway the decision in favor of Shannon, I'll buy all my Clemson friends a drink. Which they'll need.

Any idea as to the credibility of these threads?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i won't pretend to act like i know anything about Steele as a coach or a recruiter, but after tonight, it's hard to believe that he is our best option at DC...

9. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Only [ddiapos] would pick out his new defensive coordinator, and then watch the guy give up 70 in a BCS bowl immediately before Dooley has to walk out there and talk about how great he is. Steele seems inevitable now.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Good to see you over here, man. I think you should make it a permanent move.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Skeeter is now saying an announcement will be made Friday, and he doesn't think it's going to be Steele. If this is true, this would follow exactly what the people are saying that have predicted Shannon to Tennessee.

12. I was thinking that they were waiting until after Clemson's game to make any announcements. I certainly hope no contracts have been signed.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

WV just scored another TD.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Hopefully this gets Steele fired. So we can hire him for cheap as LB coach. He never was a DC he never should of been a DC. He is a recruiting coordinator and LB coach. That is what he does well.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I wish I would have known. I just gave my millions to some guy studying tropical peatlands. Interesting research imo, jmho.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'm a little sick to my stomach thinking we might hire Steele......not even taking into consideration his defense's performance last night.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Dooley when at LA Tech? Ohhh. I'll be here all week.

Nevermind, you said decent.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Steele can recruit athletes better than Billy Mays could sell cheap and useless shit - but its impossible to believe that someone on The Hill won't realize the difficulty in naming him DC now, just having given up the most point in bowl history.

Hat's right - anyone can have a bad game, and you typically can't measure a coach of Steele's ilk by any one game....but that's only typically true for the discerning fan....of which we are not known to have an inordinate supply. This may be an exception.

I just can't imagine that Dooley, given his own precariousness, would think that he could sell bringing this guy aboard, as it would only further - and greatly - erode confidence in his ability to right the ship. Simply, he doesn't have the personal capital to write that credibility check.

This hire wouldn't win the pre-presser. That's how badly it would go over, IMO.

I just can't fathom that they hire Steele. Not now, after last nights fantastic ass-whipping.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I've wondered the same, but his decision to work for Dabo Swinney leads me to believe he could muster a reason to join Dooley's staff.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Exactly. Clemson's D sucks. There's no excuse for giving up 70, but let's not get carried away. Chavis gave up 59 to Florida with 4 1st round draft picks in his lineup (Ayers, Williams, Berry, and Mayo)...ugly, but now forgotten. And a few years later, he's back on top of his profession, leading the #1 defense in the country into the national championship game. Steele's career and his acumen can not be measured by a single, shitty performance in the Orange Bowl.