LWSVOL Is Calling Steele to Tennessee In the Next 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He generally seems to know what he's talking about.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Would rather have Shannon but this is a decent number 2 I guess if its true.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

So, did Dooley win out on who he wanted, or did Shannon not want to come here?

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Also thinks Hobby will be returning as well.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs never confirmed. I asked the writers on 247, and they said they'd heard "conflicting reports."

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

This rumor is also on FL98 says Hobby was the deal maker. We get two former UT guys. Both good coaches neither an elite coach at this point. They have good contacts for recruiting but are not elite their either just good. 8 win seasons comin...

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What happened to their Shannon prediction?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Law, we both know the guy who called Shannon's hiring over there was taking a shot in the dark for e-cred.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I can't imagine that it being blatantly false helps that site much.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Maybe so his name is BallaVol or Ballabron. He was never an insider but a long time poster.

The guy posting the Steele rumors are Mods. They have been saying Hobby sealed the deal.

11. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Damn it! I want Shannon! I hope this report is wrong. Shannon is a top ten proven DC, while Steele is giving up way too many points in the fricking ACC! How do you compete with a guy who gives up 30 points in the ACC and expect him to do better in the SEC? I sure hope this is Bogus!

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Two players BTW tweeted that night Shannon was hired after he stated his info. Lane and Palardy. I do not think guy was trolling it he just had info based on gauging interest or the like and went the extra mile. JMO. I would prefer we were hiring Shannon. The Steele hire with hobby is just satisfactory. Like I said 8 wins comin unless Chaney surprises me on O.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Totally agree that Steele does not seem like a homerun hire at all. Shannon does, so it's not surprising that he's not coming. That's just how it works here.

14. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Pay Shannon the money or Hart can kiss my ass! Dooley hasn't proven shit, so I don't know why Hart would buckle to his pathetic ass! I am gonna be so pissed off if we don't get Shannon now and Dooley whines his way into Steele. f$&@);:!

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

s.o.b., well he will be out of here in 11 months so who cares

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Time to start on the DC Rant. "Hit me with it."

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If only 8 wins are coming next year...

Hart might as well go ahead and start getting that list of coaches ready.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I glanced over at VN a second ago. SBV is claiming he's "positive" that Tennessee has contacted Randy Shannon and is disagreeing with LWS. I never really followed anything he wrote on VN. Does he have a clue what he's talking about or is he full of shit?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He is at best a "stretch it out to get a double" hire.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If that.