Martial law comin'

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Feb 24, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The conspiracy stuff can be very easy to get caught up in, and if you are not careful, you end up seeing aliens in your bushes and men in dark suits and sunglasses where ever you go.

A quick path to a mild insanity, if you ask me.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just seems like a big waste of time and money to me.

3. NorrisAlan

I am not talking about prepping, that is no longer mild but I would say clinical.

Just the whole conspiracy mindset, believing in the Bilderberger group, Free Masons, Illuminati, Big Oil/Big Military, etc. If you let yourself start even remotely believing it, your mind takes you down those avenues very fast and very steeply until you wake up one morning convinced that JFK is still alive and is living in Disneyworld under "It's a Small World".

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Norris is clearly in on it.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Bohemian Grove is legit

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

or just one of the sheep buying all the lies.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It must suck going through life that paranoid.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fox News is pretty shitty. People who watch are pretty much only watching for validation of what they believe, so they are fine catering to the lowest common denominator.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And that differs from the rest of tv how? Go to cnn.com and see what percentage of stories are celebrity gossip. Fox just does it better.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm not saying they are good. Fox News is just worse. I honestly think it's partly a symptom of there being only one right leaning need network.

11. NorrisAlan

Depends on how much you worry about it, but I can see the appeal of the Truth and being In-The-Know, not one of the sheep. I would compare it to being in the "right religion". I have it right, they have it wrong. Must be comforting in a way.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Worse than what? Just because the others all talk through same filter and corroborate one another's uselessness doesn't mean they're anything but crap.

Fox News' unwashed masses nowhere near match the volume of idiots watching the rest of the news world.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When martial law comes to the US, it's going to be brutal.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

When America collapses, me and my dad are SO gonna be laughing at you guys over a bowl of rice and beans!

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't want to live in a world without pizza.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've thought about doing something like that if/when we build a house. I'm planning on selling it as a storm shelter though.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

SHUT UP JAY! That can't happen man. IT CAN'T!

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Panic room"

People here pay for such idiocy

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If you are referencing the fixation on celebrity news and the stampede of irrelevant sensationalist tripe like the Nathalie Holloway story, then I'm in agreement with the casual viewer's interest in nonsense. However, if we're going for an equivalency on straight news and commentary, then Fox is notably worse than other TV news stations and that equivalence argument is false. Fox blazed that pathway of infotainment years ago and no one sells nonsensical outrage like those shills. If I want a reputable conservative argument, I'll head over to the National Review or, better yet, the Wall Street Journal.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Their commentators are there to inflame, but the actual news reporting is no lousier than any other station. As for the Wall Street journal try finding any obvious conservative arguments in the news portion of the paper. The equivalent of the la times monthly "illegal immigration is great" front page article just doesn't happen.