New Mods Named

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 11, 2014.

1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I don't see that happening, but if it does, it does. If the same process is followed as before and the agreement was made, so be it. Every now n then people elect a politician that others aren't happy with either. It is what it is. And I'm not being scolding toward you, so don't take it that way.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm not. You're a great poster.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This is the equivalent of unanimously electing Michael Vick as the President of PETA...Snoop Dogg as the head of the DEA...[ddiapos] as the head coach of any sport...

4. MWR

MWR Contributor

Congratulations Jay. Probably overdue. You, OV and Hat are the only people here I've met and carried on a conversation with. I say OV probably would be a good Mod if he chose to do so.

But tell me this, are you going to be JayVols "Super Moderator" or JayVols "Melungeon Moderator"?

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm picturing Jay baling hay on an actual poster. Right beside a poster of a cover 2 defense. Congrats dude.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did? I honestly don't recall. I say a lot of stuff, but if I wished death on someone, that was a mistake.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

OV has a status above moderator, in the eyes of the moderators.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people just like to watch the world burn.

9. GahLee

Something about "go driving with Tony Stewart". IIRC. I post a lot while delirious. So that may be completely false.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You were high on the list, but given your star status, we felt that to promote you now (after having been sleeping with the boss) would forever put an asterisk on your rising career.

When didn't want anyone to say you only got the position because of the aforementioned sleeping with the boss bit.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That post was his hypothetical go kill yourself post. What his gky post would look like, were he to post a gky post.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Wait. How else are you supposed to get ahead?

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I felt there was a need for greater diversity of views among mods to help ensure fairness in our various decision-making processes. And thus I thought it vitally important to have an "outsider" (so to speak) to help keep the process honest. Basically, not allow the group of mods to become an "old boys club".

My arguments begat other arguments. And I guess they were compelling, or at the very least persuasive (eventually).

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, you are right. I definitely said that, but it was in a "I would have gone with" way saying he missed an opportunity for a timely inappropriate twist on the old "go die" schtick.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

#getsit

#regrettingnominatingbassinsteadofinvolnerable

16. GahLee

Damn law school.

17. GahLee

Gotcha.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I will say, I was fully behind Bass's promotion, though it wasn't my idea. The idea was pitched, and I thought it had merit.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bass has earned it with his outspokenness and courage in the face of dissent.

20. GahLee

I'm all for opposing views. But straight trolling? Where is that bastard anyway? I'm sure he's eating this up.