Obama - Normalizing Cuban Relations

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Dec 17, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Those people smuggler guys are gonna have to find a new gig

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Good for them. Their voices are heard and duly disregarded. Listening to them on this issue would be akin to letting the JDL set Middle East policy.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well said. They are too close and have too much personal baggage to listen to on this. And from what I understand, it is the old Cuban immigrants that are upset. The third generation people are pretty disconnected from it all.

4. hatvol96

People tend to forget the old Cuban immigrants were supportive of a guy who was no better than Castro, he was just our puppet instead of the Russians' pawn.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

*escape goat

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is totally lost on people that there was a context to the Cuban revolution. Probably because it conflicts with their world view.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I love the wild conspiracy theory people

Bravo for bringing up Operation Northwoods.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

One of my brother in laws just got back from Cuba. He is some kind of tech for satalite uplinks. He said the people on the streets of Cuba could care less about this. He said if they found one person that would talk to them, it was like a mob of reporters trying to interview him.

9. hatvol96

That's usually the case. Same thing happens with the overthrow of the Shah in Iran.