Old White People Still Love Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 23, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Wrestling is real. People are fake.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and you're supporting the wrestling lot for IQ? ouch.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So don't mention that beers are even cheaper at minor league games?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are you sure? I saw security removing a water bottle from a guy's bag on the way in.

And still, water isn't beer. Charging the price of a six pack for a cup of beer is a bit ridiculous.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was going to bring this up after we finished with the homoeroticism part, which hat seems to be avoiding now.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

so...presumably you don't like movies either?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So is charging 4 bucks for a bottle in a bar. You gotta pay to play. It's called supply and demand, or life, if you will.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My recommendation is to buy a 12 pack of beer, stay home to watch the baseball game, get comfortable on the couch, then change the channel to a good basketball game.

9. hatvol96

Not at all. Of course, wrestling fans see the spectacle for what it is. Football fans are stupid enough to think their deal has some greater meaning.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If it's sealed, yes, I'm sure. I know this because I've done it at both Cincy and Atlanta with no issue.

11. hatvol96

Yeah. The growing attendance at minor league games will further confuse the baseball is dying crowd.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You kept mentioning the homoerotic element of football as if it was a negative quality. I then asked about the homoerotic element of the WWE (a sport which you enjoy) and how it differed in the slightest from the homoerotic element of football. You responded by saying absolutely nothing about homoeroticism. Explain to me how I am not keeping up. It looks like you just made yourself look stupid and don't want to admit that the WWE (which, again, you like) is probably twice as homoerotic as the sport you're bashing.

Note: I didn't say homoeroticism was a "bad" thing. You inferred that it was with your posts.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah because there will certainly be a lack of 22 year olds willing to make $5 mil a year.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and that's fair.

15. hatvol96

The guys outside GAB make a killing because Cincinnatians are so cheap they never pay ballpark prices for water and peanuts.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

go Ironpigs

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't have to drive 8 hours round trip to go to a movie. There's a movie theater 2 minutes from my house. And movies are in cool dark rooms. No hot weather or sunshine to make a man thirsty.

Ah. His had probably been opened. That makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have such a deep admiration for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys.

19. hatvol96

Which won't matter when the money goes out of the deal for the owners. Nobody spends the money necessary to own an NFL team to lose money.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

plenty of nfl teams lose money. it's an ego purchase. the price nfl teams sell for has never had anything to do with profitability.