Old White People Still Love Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 23, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;oFFQkQ6Va3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFFQkQ6Va3A[/video]

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I make a complimentary appearance in any thread in which Kid and I can agree - especially in our mutual disdain for such a miserable sport.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The biggest problem with baseball right now is, that it sucks.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I enjoy it. The biggest problem with it is that Bud Selig operated it for 20 years as if it were 1890.

5. kidbourbon

Yeah, I do think the biggest issue I have with baseball is that it really sucks.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The biggest problem I have is that you people are fools

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Baseball hasn't been fun to watch since they cut out roids.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I didn't watch my friends die face down in the muck...

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I find it hilarious Chris Rock talks about the unwritten code of baseball and throwing at guys, yet they cut to the video of a black pitcher throwing at guy's dome.

And never mind the money mlb is putting into inner city baseball. Guys like Chris rock who hasn't been funny in a couple decades needs some fodder.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Chris Rock hasn't been the same since MLB cut out the roids.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

just too slow moving, with all the stomping around that pitchers and batters do in between any action. It's painful to watch baseball now.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

High school and college baseball are putting a stop to the majority of this. A pitch clock isn't needed when you have umps demanding pace of play.

14. NorrisAlan

Stop giving time after every pitch. Not in the box? Too bad, here comes a fast ball down the middle while you adjust your gloves.

15. kidbourbon

Would merely suck for less time.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

High school baseball now you have to keep one foot in box at all times. Also between innings the infield can't gather at the mound. Coaches can only meet with team as they are coming off the field. So if you want to cut into your team's time to prepare for at bats, it's on you.

17. NorrisAlan

Weren't they thinking of using the foot-in-the-batters-box rule for the Majors? That alone would speed the game up 30 minutes.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dear god, yes. Out of curiosity, I tried to research the length of game times in past years for baseball and found that games were much shorter than I had realized, especially as compared to now. In the early half of the century, games were running at about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Now, 3+ hours is the norm. Too much down time, changing out players for every conceivable situation and on and on. One of the things I like about soccer is that, once the game starts, you are pretty much required to deal with the situation at hand with minimal interruptions.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It's gotten a lot better this year. I believe last week a majority of games finished under 3 hours.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

baseball was more for an era of 3 channels and limited viewing options. There are just too many options now, so I don't have to sit through an interminable game. Having lost any affiliation with the teams has made it more of an issue.