Orlando Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I hear you... I'm not believing anything until somebody reputable confirms it. Since its out there though I wanted to bring it up as a possible explanation for how so many could be killed by a single shooter...

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is why we don't need the government and those who are in office chasing a buck to determine anything on guns. Those sorry mother****ers in office aren't going to protect me and my family.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How about flagging any attempts to access guns; Ding, Ding, Ding, we might want to watch him closely for awhile.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Or could be a situation like that biker fight a year or so ago where Barney Fife showed up and started shooting whatever moved. Don't figure we'll know either way.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I dont know how much validity there is to reports after this event (and you even heard it after San Bernardino) but the claim is that the FBI is over run with guys like this. It may be a failed excuse but its being pushed.

Just enough to get you to pay attention but not enough to take away their rights. Either the criteria needs to be tighten and guys like this get nabbed for much less or you need to expand the force that is watching these types so you dont let him go to jump on the next lead.

A new and different animal.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not think that there is anything that Obama or Hildabeast could have done; they lack the will, fortitude, desire, or whatever.

All the more reason to give someone else a chance.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The hero delusion of "why couldn't the crowd stop them?" Is also a repeating motif of these shootings

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Damn.

Sorry man.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I thought that about the VT shooting based on the description of how it went down, and I don't think it was an unreasonable thing to ask, again, based on how it went down.
    I don't think it about this one for reasons already mentioned.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm with IP on this one. The fact that he subsequently did this doesn't mean it was obvious he was going to.
    And even if he should have been identified as a threat, what do you suppose be done about that?

I think there's a Tom Cruise movie where they can stop crime before it happens.

There's also Dolf Lundgren's character in the movie that Charlie and Mac were writing in "its always sunny".

[video=youtube;OynSXUfx5vs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynSXUfx5vs&feature=youtu.be&t=1m42s[/video]

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think it's not as much as a hero delusion as much as its a "what the hell im not gonna be a sitting duck."

I haven't been in a situation like that. And God forbid I ever do. But I know me. I may get shot and killed, but it won't be laying down hoping a sadistic piece of shit does the right thing and stops.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Amazing how the community reacted. Folks stood in line for 8 hours in some cases over in Oviedo.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm not saying that delusion isn't there but the bigger thing is for many it's hard to grasp how he managed to do it. 50 people? That's a lot of shooting, even if it is a loud and crowded place.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Crowded makes it that much easier. If he used a .223, those bullets will go through a lot of flesh.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ever shot an assault rifle-- excuse me, an "assualt rifle style semi-automatic rifle?" It's point-and-click. Victims and witnesses both here and at the theater shootings say "the shots just never stop" because the shooters can pop another cartridge in so quickly. There could have been a dozen people killed in that club before folks even realized what was happening.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the same thing when people get on cops for their actions. Most people are being awfully presumptuous about how they'd act in a situation the likes of which they've never experienced.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I have. I'm not expressing doubt about how it happened, I'm simply saying that I can't picture how you'd walk into a club and manage to do it.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That, plus if you're not hitting bone those bullets will continue on. In a crowded place that's loud and dark, 10 or 12 shots could get 15 to 20 people.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He was investigated twice by the FBI because people viewed him as a threat. The FBI was notified that he wanted to purchase guns including an AK47; they said okay.

How about denying his request, delaying his request and re-investigate him, approving his request putting him under surveillance and re-investigate him.

How about anything other than what they did, which was "Nothing".

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

24 shots in just 9 seconds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-24-shots-9-seconds-nightclub-massacre.html