Otha Peters Flips to Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 31, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Please pretty please tell me your post is dripping with sarcasm. I'm pretty sure it is, but if you could just confirm the same, that would make me feel a lot better.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My sources tell me that Arky coaches didn't even meet with Otha. On his official visit they strapped him to a chair and held his eyelids open Clockwork Orange style while he watched a 12 hour continuous loop of the Joe Adams punt return against UT.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

His letter isnt in yet......just sayin

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Howard has officially signed his LOI and faxed

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See Arkansas's passing attack in 2006

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean Peters? Or we worried about Pig Howard being a pig?

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Sorry, I had posted this in the wrong thread. Meant to post it in the NSD bunker thread

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure I could have put more sarcasm on it if I tried.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You're right. You slathered it on there pretty thick. I was just making extra sure.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

LaDarrell McNeil claimed both Okie State and Arkansas told him Dooley would be gone in the very near future. Consider that Otha visited Arky and Petrasho then quickly flipped citing concerns over the stability at UT... Not hard to figure out what happened.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Frustrating, but fair. When you go 1-7 in the SEC, rumors of your impending demise are justified.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

From his conversation with Clay Travis, Dooley agrees with you.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What?? So you're saying we should stick with Dooley if we can't get the top guy possible!?!?!?

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we can't get the top guy possible now but could get him in November, absolutely. Knowing what you do after firing a coach is just as important as knowing that a coach needs to be fired. Whatever moment gives you the best chance of hiring a top notch replacement is the moment you make the change. Sure, you could find an improvement any time, but if your goal is only improvement, your standards are way, way, way too low.

16. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Who the [uck fay] do you all think we can get? Nobody wanted this job before, that's why we got Dooley.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No school is going to pull a coach in worth a shit a week before signing day.

Tennessee, when given time to hire a football coach, has, in succession, hired a former nc winning coach, a coach that won one while he was here and one that's a frontrunner for a nc this coming season.

Settling for a perennial loser is the exception not the norm

18. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

So who do you think we can get?

19. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

I'd like to see what David Shaw does this year without Luck. Seems like a good coach to me. I don't know how much Stanford pays him, but he is a Stanford alum so he may not leave.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't know until you ask.

Charlie Strong or Pat Fitzgerald would be okay by me.

The obvious"homerun" hires would be okay too