OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, I’m definitely speaking from experience on that one.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wife and I are thinking about checking out Saloon16 this weekend since there is no game.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I never understood going to a club or a bar.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I actually had free tickets fall in my lap yesterday about 6 hours before the game was canceled, so my plan was to go there and eat before the game.

I’ve heard good things, and not just the bings. Though I’ve got to say, booze prices are a bit high.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's where alcohol is, Alan.

InVolNerable, kmf600 and dknash like this.
  6. CardinalVol

Yup. When I looked at the menu I told my wife it looked like a hodge-podge of OCI and Tap Room, if possible.

7. CardinalVol

Clubs are to dance and/or hopefully meet a girl to take home.

Bars are just a place to meet with friends and hang out.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I never really got the bar at Olive Garden. Does anybody go to Olive Garden and sit at the bar?

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ive never eaten at an Olive garden. Tried once with party of 6 and they said it would be 45 minutes even though there were at least 20 tables open. Lost its welcoming italian image for me. Never tried again.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve sat at the bar at Olive Garden before, when there was a wait in the dining room and seats where open at the bar. I also haven’t been to Olive Garden in many years.

In fact, we almost always eat at the bar or in the bar area when we go out for the same reason. It’s usually the easiest place to get a seat.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Had a friend in college that would do that at restaurants to pick up divorced women.

justingroves likes this.
  12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've eaten at the bar at Olive Garden. I'd rather eat at the bar everywhere.

IP and kmf600 like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Whats their best dish? I would sdvise Mama Mias if anybody rolls down 65 s of Nashville. Best ive had in last several years

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Too late, Mapco bought the strip it's in and jacked up rent, and Mama Mia's already closed in anticipation

15. Ssmiff

Wtf

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

AYCE Soup, salad and breadsticks is the best meal at Olive Garden.

Get a Tour of Italy if you really want to pack in the carbs and calories.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I decided my favorite meal at every type of restaurant at around the age of 12, and haven't changed.

For Italian, I get lasagna. Every. Time.

A-Smith and kmf600 like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you're going to go, go during never-ending pasta bowl time. Don't order it. I mean you can. It's generally okay, but there are better things on the menu. I say go then because it draws in folks who would never done there without the all you can eat special. Makes for interesting people watching.

Overall, it's meh chain Italian. We used to go when we lived down the street from one in Huntsville. I never really liked going there that much, but it was a convenient walk back home in our DINK days. The one close to us when we moved always smelled like backed up sewer gas, and on the second or third visit one of the kitchen staff was on the toilet when I was in the restroom. He busted out of the stall trailing a less than healthy smelling aroma behind him, bypassed the sink, and, as I noticed after finishing drying my hands and poking my head out the door, headed straightaway into the kitchen. We left.

19. Ssmiff

Tired of this

Attached Files:

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent