OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think I'd rather someone realize they can't provide, and make an attempt to have that recognized, than struggle and fail.

Hopefully Southhaven police just want to make sure the parents do all the right paper work to have him put into foster care, rather than just looking to charge someone.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Stole from Twitter but,

12.16.20 Happy Pythagorean Triple Day (a²+b²=c²). The next celebration is not for over four years (7.24.25).

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Made a southwestern- ish spicy sausage dressing dish for lunch today using the wife's grandmother's chicken and dressing recipe as a rough guide. It was pretty tasty, but I'm never losing weight again at this rate.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why? Just.....why?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'd try it.

7. CardinalVol

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

9. CardinalVol

If y'all need a good laugh and haven't listened to this guy before, I highly recommend it.

10. CardinalVol

Who had volcano eruption on their Bingo card?

[​IMG]

11. NorrisAlan

2020 Calvin and Hobbes style:

[​IMG]

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Years and thousands of posts have finally paid off:

upload_2020-12-21_14-54-23.png

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ive been getting one of a girl wearing a dental dam

14. CardinalVol

I always feel bad when mom calls to tell me about someone dying or a disaster back home and I have no clue who the people are involved.

justingroves likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That happens pretty regularly with me and my mom.

Susan passed away.

Who?

Bob's wife.

Bob who?

The people that had the ferret you liked to play with when you were a kid.

I've played with a ferret?

Well, her services are this weekend if you want to go.

Thanks, mom.

justingroves, IP and CardinalVol like this.
  16. CardinalVol

Yup. A normal conversation with me and my mom -

Do you remember Bill?

No.

Well, he worked in the lathe department at work. Started there shortly after I did. I went to high school with his wife Teresa that died 4 years ago.

Still don't remember him.

Well, Thursday afternoon he was outside working on his tractor, he farmed on the side for, gosh, I don't know how long. His dad farmed. his brother farmed, whole family farmed. He loved farming. He'd rather been on his tractor more than anything else in the world. Anyway, he was working on his tractor and out of nowhere he had a heart-attack and they had to rush him to Jackson.

That's terrible.

Yes. Of course, Cindy his daughter, she's no count. Never has been. Got into drugs and keeps it hidden. She was around your age, do you remember her.

Can't say that I do.

Well, she went to Scotts Hill, not Lexington, but I figured you knew her anyway. They sent her there because they didn't want her going with any black guys and thought that would help.

Nope. No clue.

Well, anyway, Cindy won't even stay with him. Not like she's got a job or anything else. She lives off the government. Able to work as much as you or me but just lazy. Always felt bad for her mom and dad. They did all they could to raise her right, but she's never been any count.

Well, I hate to hear this. I hope he gets to feeling better.

Well, I sure hate it. You just would think after all he's done to take care of his daughter and grandkids - and the daddy's no count either, last I heard he was in jail for selling drugs - that she'd take at least take care of him. But, I guess that's what the world's come to.

You're right.

Anyway, I thought you might know him. Y'all say a prayer for him. It's a tough situation.

We will.

All right, I got to go. Love ya'. Bye.

Love you too. Bye,.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

autocorrect changed saint to count. Wow, dude.

18. CardinalVol

No no, I typed count. You've never heard the phrase So-and-so is "no count"?

warhammer likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My mom is 86. The first hour of every conversation is who has died or about to. And she wonders why people dont enjoy visits.

20. NorrisAlan

For me, it was on the opposite side of the spectrum. I was growing up and working at Kroger and some random person would show up at work and ask me how my mom and dad were doing, why we weren't coming to church anymore and to say hi for them.

Wouldn't know them from Adam nor would I ask their name and I would just go " will do."