OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Expand the eastern time zone to the Mississippi and make standard time permanent and I won't complain. But being on the eastern edge of Central Time is cancer during standard time. My mind cannot be swayed on this.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No, not necessarily. I understand people work different schedules. Hell, I worked 3rd shift for 2+ years earlier in life (now that's a mind/body [uck fay]).

What I take exception with is forcing much of the civilized world to adhere to this hour shifting. That's the problem, IP. We have no choice. And like it or not, waking up in more darkness while on DST throws off our internal clocks and screws with our body.

3. gcbvol

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have found since I retired, time-of-day is not that big of a deal. I go to bed whenever; I get up about 8 hrs later. I adjust my go to bed time according to what others may have scheduled for me. Whatever you guys decide, I can roll with it.

Now, I will admit (embarassingly) to asking my wife if it was Tuesday or Wednesday.

CitrusCo.Vol, InVolNerable and gcbvol like this.
  5. gcbvol

You're on Team GCB, Poppa. I value your toolkit.

InVolNerable and Poppa T like this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

P.S. Not that I have that many meds, but those pill-thingies with the days of the week on them, are more helpful than I gave my parents/grandparents credit for in my youth.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not really arguing with the bottom line of this. There is no reason to be changing the clocks. I am just not convinced on the personal health effect angle.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. gcbvol

Gotcha. I do believe some people are more adversely impacted than others. I feel strongly on this topic as I believe to be in the former group.

I put no more changing as number 1, with permanent standard a very close second.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

My entire treatment of sleep is absolutely trash, so I really can't insist on being credible on this.

justingroves likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mine is the same. That's why that one hour means so much for me.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Happy Pi Day to all the math nerds and gluttons!

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mmm, excuse to eat pizza.

CardinalVol likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember getting pizza for pi day in school once. But it was square. Union County.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

4×6=3.14159?

lumberjack4 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I absolutely hate the EPA website. It was better a few years ago.

17. CardinalVol

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. CardinalVol

what’s the fun in that?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator