Phobia Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm sure i'm not alone in this, but being buried alive scares the bejesus out of me. I've stated more than several time to my family that I want to be cremated when I move on.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So you'd rather be burned alive?

Anesthesia awareness scares the shit out of me.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Compared to being trapped in a small space 6 feet under where nobody could hear you scream? Yeah.

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

my dad told me a story about taking a leak in a fence row one day while he was cutting tobacco as kid. he said, "when i pulled up my pants it felt like my [penis] had just caught on fire." he dropped to his knee's pulled down his pants and noticed some "moving" underneath his foreskin, when he peeled himself back he found a bee mid-sting spinning like a top, the bee had gotten caught under it when he had finished pissing and rolled himself back up. he said the swelling that followed left in him excruciating pain but with an odd sense of pride in his new found, but temporary, girth.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

happend to my mom when she was getting her tubes tied. turns white as a ghost when she's asked about it. terrible.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Holy crap

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[video=youtube_share;pohqGgEZf-s]http://youtu.be/pohqGgEZf-s[/video]

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Here's one I bet most have never even considered. My biggest phobia is airplanes flying over my head. Absolutely hate it. I've had nightmares for as long as Ican remember about planes crashing down on me. Think about it. You'd see it coming and could not outrun it. And it would be a horrible way to go. Feel free to make fun of me now.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm with you.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A guy was killed in Hilton Head a few years back by a plane trying to make an emergency landing on the beach. The guy was jogging and the planes engine had stalled. It came gliding in from behind him and struck him and killed him instantly.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Wonderful. I can only thank God I don't jog.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't think downndirty will ever leave the house now. Way to go utv#

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My bad.

14. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

lol

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Same with my wife after the last child was born. Was a high risk pregnancy with an elongated cut C-section due to problems with delivery in a previous childbirth. The anesthesia began wearing off after our daughter was born while the doc had just started tying the tubes. They got enough juice in her to cut off the pain but she felt the procedure being done and was very uncomfortable.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm now scared senseless of being buried alive. Yay.

17. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I would prefer that they made sure I was 100% dead before they buried or cremated me, personally. At that point it wont matter if I'm buried, cremated, or stuffed.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh no, just no...

19. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'm not afraid of flying but my Aunt's first husband died in a crash by a small plane, my Dad and his partners crashed on an island near the Bahamas, and I had a really, extremely terrible flight back from San Fran over Utah. I know I wasn't the only one on that big mofo who thought that thing was going down. We lost altitude three times and it literally felt like we were in a freefall.

20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Landed in Atlanta once, wheels skurch concrete, engines went into reverse (or whatever it is when they are insanely loud and you lurch forward) then immediately full throttle, slammed back into the seat and taking off right over the top of another plane that mistakenly wandered into the taxiway or something. Captain seemed chill when he apologized on the intercom, but I was not happy with the experience.