Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Whoopi Goldberg asked McCain if he thought she should still be a slave.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't recall him being painted as a monster. I do remember the "binders full of women" controversy, which I even said at the time was overblown. It was a dumb turn of phrase, nothing more. But nothing drives turnout like fear and hatred. Ask anyone pro-Trump here about Clinton.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The world has changed a lot on 8 years, I think there are a lot more of these people than there were then.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He did have binders full of women.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't Romney strap his dog to the luggage rack or something crazy like that?

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I remember the Romney animal abuse story for driving down the highway with a dog in a crate on top (?) of the car....

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That whole show is filled with lunatics.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This is probably not a popular opinion...don't really give a shit though. I wasn't so apathetic as to not vote but I wasn't excited about it either. Whether Trump was elected or Clinton was elected, it wasn't going to effect the bubble that my family inhabits in a measurable way. I voted because I want my kids to see me vote and understand what it means to be able to exercise this right. That said, I'm not a small business owner; I'm not a welfare recipient; I'm not a college student - just a middle aged dude trying to get my kids through school and out of the house while still having enough money to retire in a semi-comfortable manner. Regardless of who is in that office, my life didn't change. If they want to protest, protest...doesn't effect me. If you want to buy 97 semi-automatic rifles, buy them. Doesn't effect me. My wife, kids, and myself are going to go on doing the mundane day to day things we have always done.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And this is true for just about everyone in the country.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Pretty popular opinion, actually.

11. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

I thought it meant single fathers using their kids to pick up milfs.

I used to go to protests for the chicks.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;_ul2OuvPOQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ul2OuvPOQE[/video]

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Good post. I've seen several people talk about how they feel a sense of hope post-election, and I think I understand why. They see Trump as a tool for change - an opportunity which would not exist with HRC. I get it.

I'm similar to you, I think. I am filled with no hope and have not been since our realistic outcomes became evident. I want our president and country to grow, heal and find success but see no evidence on which to base legitimate hope. That said, life goes on and I'm not changing who I am or how I treat others. This had better not be the end of the world; I haven't seen Hamilton yet.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bill Maher is an idiot

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand how this relates to my reply to a Romney-monster statement. How many "Clinton is the devil," "Lock her up," "she killed those people in Benghazi," or murder conspiracies would need to be posted for you to concede there is no high ground? Is there any number?

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

"Once fascists get power, they don't give it up. You've got President Trump for life."

My dad said the same thing about Obama, yet here we are. Both sides are prone to hyperbole...doesn't mean much.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... We attacked Ronmey like he was the end of the World...

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said, I don't recall it like that. If you're saying I should listen to Bill Maher for political guidance, I will.