Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What happened? Those of us who doubted the polls were ridiculed.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I've already admitted I was wrong, but the side that is behind in the polls ALWAYS doubts the polls, and it is exceedingly rare that the polls are this wrong. Those of us who were sticking to the polls, and mind you it wasn't just a few people around here who didn't want Trump to win, would do it again I'm sure.

To answer your question, what happened last night was that the Democrats thought this was a monarchy and it was Hillary's turn in succession. They took their chances in multiple states for granted while focusing on states that they either didn't need it had little chance of winning.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not sure that anyone was slavenly tied to the polls, and I don't recall anyone who claimed it was a perfectly crafted science. To the contrary, even the most ardent poll proponents were often frank about their limited usefulness as an indicator, alone, but which fell well short of being a certainty.

I think some de/valued them more than was wise and prudent, interjecting our own biased narrative, with both myself and many other Trump supporters also being notably included in that group as well.

Plus, it's still too early to know if they were inaccurate or not, and to what degree, if any.

4. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I live in Michigan and it was non stop Hillary adds and commercials. I think the Dems knew they might be in trouble.

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Trump pulled the Reagan vote, and that pretty much won it for him. Never underestimate the power of The Rust Belt.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The collective Facebook melt is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing. So much damn whining and overreacting.

I'd love to stay and e-fight with all of them, but it looks like the sun still came up this morning, so I have to go to work. At my job.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Seriously, its way better than watching the UGa fans after that Hail Mary. Even better, the left media that had so much invested in avoiding this has had it shoved straight up their hind parts.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The polls were within the margin of error nationally.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think next time they should hold some sort of primary to come up with the strongest possible candidate.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A lot of the polls were out of the margin of error enough to make the call that Clinton was up by about 3%.

She came no where near 3%.

They weren't even close, and I would defend them again.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You should have titled this post mortem for America.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Don't sleep on Evan McMullin for 2020....

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

please delete- attaching photos is a pain in the ass.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Overall the hate for Hillary outweighed the hate for Trump at the polls for many.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

People think trump a buffoon, but few hate. People legit hate Hillary.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Few hate Trump? That's hilarious.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What do they hate him for?

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm in class, not trying to write an essay.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hillary said "To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the 'basket of deplorables. Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it."

That's how you create hate. Mix in some Podesta emails about the sleazy nature of the candidate, a dash of corruption and some old fashioned entitlement and you get hate.