Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Because the media in this country is all about instilling fear. The more divided, the better the ratings.

Fear sells.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

conservatives don't lose an election and go on and on with sob stories about how their children will be horrifically damaged forever and how horrible it was to tell them that we've decided as a country that rape is ok and women can't succeed.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I get it, I just agree it's a lazy argument.

When did I hide? Is including my former username in every post for months what you would consider "running from it?"

4. NashVol11

The media, and also, a significant portion of the Republican platform

5. NashVol11

I don't think people would protest Bush, but who knows?

Presidential candidates are scrutinized much more heavily than reality show hosts

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

People didn't protest bush? Huh? Social media has made the hand wringing more visible, but there was plenty of handwringing for both of bush's elections

7. NashVol11

I was talking about Jeb

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Didn't say one side was only one.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

One of the sides has media to do it for them.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Anyone suggesting the handwringing isn't far worse when a republican wins just isn't paying attention.

11. NashVol11

Young people in cities are more likely to protest than most Republican voters. That doesn't necessarily mean that Republicans are any better at handling defeat. Remember birthers?

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The media didn't even bother to hide their utter contempt and disdain for anyone not named Hillary Clinton this go around. The results were in large part the citizens finally standing up and saying "**** You!" to the media.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes they did.

Stock up on your guns everybody!
    Karl Rove
    Trump himself wanted to march on Washington.
    Blaming the media for saying hurty words about Ole Mitty

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm talking pure percentages here. The meltdown by the average person is 10-1 what it was under Obama.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Anybody suggestioning it isn't the same has a bad memory.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It just comes out in different ways. I find the more liberal, young folks have no checks on their feelings and emotions. They flail, wail and march and start a #calexit movement.

The old, curmudgeonly conservative keeps his feelings and emotions bottled up, and simmers and stews. Like my dad. Mumbles, reads blogs and complains about Muslims having sharia law in downtown New York.

Both bring a lot of needless and useless suffering down on themselves and those around them.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I also don't ever remember anyone saying they were afraid to leave their house because of the election results. Hell, that ****nut for the Cavs was tweeting about not letting his daughter go on "play dates" (another recent thing that just baffles me. WTF is a "play date"?) with people who voted for Trump because of what might happen to her.... Are you ****ing serious??

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are confusing a couple of nuts with the majority of a party

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Could not agree more, especially the last sentence.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So are you.