Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2016.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

People on both sides are "weak minded and pussified"

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We all know how divided this country is at present. I'm not sure why these protests are some sort of shocking development. As long as they're peaceful let these folks exercise their 1st amendment right to vent frustrations. Traffic disruption aside, I'd much prefer this to a destructive alternative.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not lazy in the least. We have a whole generation of limp-worsted pansy ass folks who if they don't get their way whine like little [itch bay]es. I see it everyday.

4. NashVol11

Because of participation trophies?

"Get off my lawn"

5. NashVol11

Does Donald Trump himself not whine like a [itch bay] when he doesn't get his way? I don't see why we're limiting this to young people.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, folks were marching in the streets after the '08 and '12 elections shouting slogans and making silly threats... Yep, I remember it well. People hugging each other and crying like little [itch bay]es all over the place. Yep.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think participation trophies are just a symbol of it. It's not specifically because kids receive participation trophies.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You saw the right marching through the streets in 2008 and 2012?

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I saw them acting like idiots, yes.

10. Savage Orange

Exactly. Dooz is one of those folks that can't just disagree. You have to be "stupid" if you don't think like him.

11. Savage Orange

Different from marchin en masse in the streets. Where did you see that Dooz?

12. Savage Orange

People "act stupid" after every election. This is different.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pissing and moaning is pissing and moaning. Doesn't matter how it manifests itself. It's still the same thing.

14. NashVol11

I think some people honestly believe that Trump is "dangerous" and all that. I don't think it's about losing; if Hillary lost to Kasich, no one would be protesting, IMO

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really

16. NashVol11

And, like hat said, cities supported Obama. I'm sure people out in rural areas were losing it

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Conservatives do not typically organize and protest; absolutely true. Protests are largely the realm of the young, and the young are largely left ideologically. We were them once, no matter if we ever actually marched for anything. The state of the country is much different this cycle compared to the last few. The rift has been growing over that time, sure, but Trump is proof positive we've reached a critical mass of sorts. We should be focusing on the peaceful aspect of the protests and hope it stays that way.

18. Savage Orange

Folks were selling T Shirts on the street corners in Atlanta with Obama wearing white robes and a crown. Like he was Jesus. Like I said.... No middle ground any more. Extreme to one end or the other and that DOES go for both sides.

19. Savage Orange

Fair point. What if she had lost to Jeb Bush?

One thing I don't get though... When he was a reality TV star, leftists couldn't get enough of him with his "You're FIRED" shctick. Nobody called him a racist or misogynist then. Why, all of the sudden when he runs for President does he morph into some monster?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not shocked you didn't get it. May be time to change usernames again.

Just please remember you can only run and hide from stupidity so many times.