Predict the Score: POTUS EDITION

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 7, 2016.

?

Who wins POTUS & How?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2016.
  1. Hillary: Close Win (270 - 299 Electoral Votes)

25.0%
  2. Hillary: Easy Win (300+ Electoral Votes)

37.5%
  3. Trump: Close Win (270 - 299 Electoral Votes)

25.0%
  4. Trump: Easy Win (300+ Electoral Votes)

12.5%
  5. Neither Reaches 270

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's gotten late, and the Goa'uld sarcophagus in which she sleeps has a time lock.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

This is just like in 2004 when they wouldn't call Ohio because of provisional ballots. Wasting everyone's time

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not if you were a smart politician. One could get votes from all over the country, going into places the current system makes pretty much obsolete. I would find it much more interesting.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Sends out Podesta to disperse the crowd.

5. Unimane

The difference being, of course, that Trump was prattling on about not conceding because of rigged elections. If Clinton comes out and says we were robbed because of A, B and C, then it's the same thing that Trump got blasted for.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A rash of sources calling PA would have gotten her out there.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think this idea is far fetched. A much more likely scenario is to cater to larger areas where votes are more easily bought by campaign money.

Either way, special interests win out in the end.

8. TennTradition

Well I'm interested to see what Trump has to say but though it may shock most, I do have a job to go to tomorrow despite having not supported Trump.

Good night!

9. Unimane

Which is how it's done now. Candidates head to the same circle of cities every four years. There are 330 million people in this country. Not all of them live in 11 cities. Right now, unless you live in a swing state, you're feeling pretty marginal. In a simple plurality, your vote actually feels like a contribution. Right now, does a Democrat visit Nashville? A Republican the Atlanta suburbs? They could in a popular vote.

10. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

CNN reports that Clinton called Trump to concede. It's over.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ballgame. Clinton conceded.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Fireworks going off down the street from my home.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The People have spoken, and sang.

I am proud of them, and am most satisfied with the result, believing it best for the country which we love, and for the cause of peace and freedom around the world. I pray that we have gotten it right.

I am glad that it is over, and ask forgiveness for any insult which I may have caused along the way, be they intentional or accidental, of any here, friends all.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What a ride. You were right as can be Tenny.

Republicans win the house, senate and President. Unimane has to be loving this.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's an awful setup. Thankfully, Trump isn't a full blown Repub.

Now, I wanna see a push on term limits, line item veto and corruption. Get after it small govt types. Kill oblowhole care as fast as humanly possible.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll be honest, politics not influencing things one bit, I legit can't stand any of those people sans Bryan Cranston. Please don't go back on your promises.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think we're in a world of shit.

However, my contention all along was there was absolutely no cause for your recent behavior. None. We're adults here that can handle divergent views. I am not perfect. I mess up constantly. I don't know, I guess I just expect better. Maybe that's on me. I'm perfectly fine with everything. Seriously. Just know that once the genie is out of the bottle, it's impossible to get it fully back inside.

My 2 cents.

Congrats on your win. For all our sakes, I hope and pray Trump does a fantastic job.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  18. TennTradition

Repeal and replace if done correctly could be a benefit because that is legislation that could actually happen.

I just don't see this guy being able to help you out on any of the others.

And I say help you out, but I get your angle. Term limits could really help. But I don't see them happening.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why would we be in trouble? We have a better qualified guy right now than Obama is after 8 years. DoJ becomes a real department immediately and we might begin to enforce our laws again. Obamacare legit has a chance to be blown up. Globalism might be shown the door and it's likely a good thing.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trump gives us Congressional term limits, gets his lobbyist restriction policies in place, and repeals Obamacare... Wow. That would be pretty dang effective.