Predict the Score: POTUS EDITION

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 7, 2016.

?

Who wins POTUS & How?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2016.
  1. Hillary: Close Win (270 - 299 Electoral Votes)

25.0%
  2. Hillary: Easy Win (300+ Electoral Votes)

37.5%
  3. Trump: Close Win (270 - 299 Electoral Votes)

25.0%
  4. Trump: Easy Win (300+ Electoral Votes)

12.5%
  5. Neither Reaches 270

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hope he knocks it out of the park. I'm an American first.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He makes it a legit part of the national conversation. He'll be the first. An overwhelming majority will support it. I think the dirty laundry of the Clinton campaign has soured a huge majority on wealth via politics. There is momentum there.

For all the sour grapes types out there who believe nothing can happen, what in world did you think Hillary was going to do? She was going to repay people with your money. She was going to do nothing internationally except continue her abysmal track record. She was going to raise taxes to push to pay for college debt. She's the ultimate worthless DC insider and is a legit criminal on security issues. I just don't see how anyone got there in ponying up that vote. The greater media's xenophobia silliness regarding Trump was never true, but people dying for a criminal lapped it up.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think those are a great start. He genuinely has a mandate over those policies and enforcing immigration laws. If that's all he ever does, it will have been well worth it. If he opens the door to other outsiders, it's the best election result ever.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He will have to focus and not get in the way of those trying to push policy. That will be a challenge for this guy.

If this moves the bigotry of some in the country further in the direction that electing a black president did (and I do believe his election validates that part of them even if DJT isn't a racist due to the nature of his message) then that is trouble.

I pray the guy can find a way to be a decent leader and that we don't see an increase in racial or xenophobic bigotry.

5. TennTradition

It is absolutely true that he played to xenophobia with his words and inuendo. I don't buy for a second that he is a racist or even a xenophobe. But it wasn't media silliness either. I saw him playing to it around every turn. It set him up to drive the trade wedge.

But I also don't really believe he has a problem with trade - though that'll at least be a policy he can go after.

6. TennTradition

I wouldn't argue with that list. With the edit of repeal and replace.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I, personally, am against term limits. I think it is un-democratic.

The only positive I can see coming out of this is that perhaps, now, Congress will wrestle some of the control back from the Executive Branch.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just to clarify, the people spoke and voted for Clinton in greater numbers. The electoral college sang and gave us Trump.

I also think that anyone hoping or expecting Trump to suddenly become an efficient and reasonable manager in the public sphere after that abortion of a campaign is smoking some of the stuff that is now more legal across this country.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Shouldn't you be in a corner crying somewhere?

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Make my 401(k) great again?

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

You meant to say, maybe the states can wrestle some control back from the General Gov't.

13. Unimane

I've been here all night.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Your computer must be covered in tears.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And tells the EPA to go **** themselves.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Get underground. The stormtroopers are coming.

17. Unimane

Whatever, dude. I wasn't rubbing your nose in it 4 years ago.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks for us to descend to a Mad Max type of society.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Apocalypse Yesterday

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016