POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I really, really hope there is a Republican nominee coming forth which didn't sit there and cowardly enable the Trump regime after showing early they opposed the idiot, as a phony like Haley did. I'm thinking like a Ben Sasse could be the guy. I wonder if the Republicans are still the cult of personality party in four years, though, which means a Trump approved nominee.

Cuomo kind of seems like a [penis], a New Yorker, which doesn't play well in the Big Tent Party. Where the Dems go if Biden isn't the guy is a mystery. Harris is alright, but she's a woman and there are still a lot of undercurrents she has to deal with as a female looking to lead. Of course, in 2004, I had no idea it would be Obama and, in 2012, I had no idea it would be Trump.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yang

zehr27 likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cuomo won't shrug off the nursing home thing, even though there wasn't much he could have done.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Mark Kelly have the chops to grow into a national run? I really don’t know much about him.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A lot will depend on Biden.

if he is just Obama 2.0, we’ll get another trump type for sure on the republican side.

it will be more neoliberal policies of cronyism and military involvements while pushing woke social stuff.

6. Unimane

He could probably win a House seat, but we just has a reality show guy as POTUS, so it's possible to get in the mix with some nice media presence. But, I don't think it's necessarily 2024 for Pete, but sometime in the future.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah I’d love to see a solid accounting of the steps that led to those decisions and a honest assessment of its impact. But from what I do know it feels a lot more like a political hit than a legitimate argument.

A lot of my basis for that is talking to my wife’s cousin who is a social worker at a hospital in Michigan. It was interesting to hear how these overflow makeshift hospitals generally couldn’t accept patients on oxygen which meant she couldn’t send COVID recoveries there but could send them to nursing homes. These homes generally were all dealing with spread anyway.

VolDad likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That he took special interest money from those nursing homes and then gave them legal protection from lawsuits won’t play well

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

* I don't think she was there long enough yo be tainted. But if she is associated, the guy got a ton of votes.

** Wouldn't that also apply to Harris regarding Biden; and every political candidate running for the same office.

10. Unimane

No, because the opponents of Trump were legitimately talking about how terrible he was and in the same terms non-Republicans have continuously discussed him the entire time. Harris did the same thing which happens most primaries in challenging other candidates, but noting how they are, essentially, on the same team. She's there to challenge him as VP, not be a sycophant.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Nicky Haley with John James as VP.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought the Republicans controlled the State government in Georgia? I hate that there are going to be so many people that are going to swallow his line.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I assume the only thing you know about James is he's a black Republican. Because if you've watched more than 3 minutes of him speak, you'll know he's a [uck fay]ing idiot.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I know there are many who dislike the Koch Brothers...

Charles Koch says he regrets fueling partisanship: 'Boy, did we screw up!'
    • In a new Wall Street Journal article, the billionaire Charles Koch expressed regret about fostering partisanship.
    • He told The Journal that his new mission is to work across party lines on issues he sees as key, citing the economy, criminal justice, and immigration as examples.
    • The Journal reported that in a new book, Koch wrote: "Boy, did we screw up! What a mess!"
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/charles-koch-says-his-partisanship-was-a-mistake-11605286893

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You had him at Republican. Watch: Tommy Tuberville.

IP likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How long have you lived in Michigan?

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

6 months, but first had conversations with his campaign about a year ago. He's an empty suite. Good if you want someone to blindly follow the party line, not very good if you want him to look out for your interests.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What interest do you need him to look out for that you feel he won't?

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Any issue that not a generic, national GOP priority. He would be a good, reliable yes man. That's about it.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So a good VP for the party he represents? Sounds like pretty much every VP ever.