POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So you based your defense of your second post on the idea that the ignorance comment was about racism, and not about lots of other things?

Look at it like this, suppose you tell someone, "You're posting on a subject with ignorance." And their response on the ignorance was, "I know lots of things about this one thing!," rather than something like, "I know lots about this, because of this, and this thing, and that thing, and then this other thing."

I think you can figure out the confusion and the difference between the two demonstrations of knowledge.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Regarding the Royal Family and their "Firm". Now I know where everyone running UT Athletics over the past 15 years went to. They had a sweet situation and totally [uck fay]ed it up.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think they are going to kill the golden goose? I will say that the queen has been very savvy in terms of keeping a low profile politically. If Charles, as he says he intends, gets more involved directly I think that will be the end. It's just not palatable to have a monarchy. I think, I could be wrong.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So wait, am I reading this right? The Capitol Police officer who was allegedly killed by being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher may not have actually been hit in the head with a fire extinguisher?

That seems.... relevant. Did people discuss this on here back when this first came out a month ago?

5. fl0at_

Your post is the first I've seen regarding this. What should we discuss?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tucker Carlson was beating this drum from the start. The narrative is that he technically died of a stroke, so therefore how do we know it was a fire extinguisher that caused his death. And then there is also some question as to whether the fire extinguisher thing really happened. Allegedly, the officer texted his brother that other than being tear gassed a couple of times, he was okay and then shortly after texting that collapsing.

Now, strokes can be caused by head trauma and have a delayed effect. So all of that fits with the original story. But because they have not charged someone or otherwise put together a clear picture of what happened, it is being suggested by some that the whole thing is just a... coincidence? Or something?

Dunno.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was discussed. I recall it at least and not sure where I would have seen it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I too think we discussed it. it has been a story since early January

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

pretty sure the family and medical facility said he had didn’t have any head trauma and that he was never hit in the head at the capital.

NYT revised the story after the impeachment trial

10. fl0at_

I don't recall discussing that the officer wasn't killed by a fire extinguisher. But I'm not sure why that is relevant, as the officer died, due to something, as a result of the actions of others.

It doesn't matter if it was a fire extinguisher, a heart attack from exertion, pepper spray, or being pushed down stairs. He's dead, due to the actions of others.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Revised it but still said he died due to injuries in the line of duty, right?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, the father said he was hit in the head and died of a clot on the brain back in January: https://www.today.com/news/father-capitol-police-officer-who-died-riot-speaks-out-t205460

The mother recently said he died of a stroke, not a fatal blow to the head: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...icer-Brian-Sicknick-believes-died-stroke.html

But a stroke is caused by a clot to the brain, as the father said and is not mutually exclusive to a blow to the head. This very much looks like a misunderstanding of what a "fatal blow to the head" can mean. It doesn't have to be instant death.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So if he had a clot already that was going to cause a stroke that day whether he was at work or on the golf course his death is still on those idiots?

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lol this is pretty "bottom of the barrel" shit right now.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Should dem leaders and media be held accountable for riling up people based on a lie. We heard time and time again about Trump causing insurrection that led to the death of an officer. Do they even care for the truth, or is it best to live the lie and keep the hate flowing. Politicians and media are absolutely scum of the earth.

17. fl0at_

He wasn't at the golf course, he was at the capital, along with the 100 or so other officers who suffered injuries, and the 15 or so that were hospitalized.

Making it pretty obvious to anyone that it wasn't just another day at work.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably should just arrest them all. Figure out the charges later.

19. fl0at_

He died in the line of duty while working a criminal activity.

That is related to the capital building, every time.

20. fl0at_

The man died in the line of duty. Why does it matter that it was reported that it was a head injury, vs not actually a head injury?