POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All Americans should be kicking their tea in the harbor

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I guess you sort of answered my question.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can tell.

Indy likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did I?

I've never kept up or cared (like, at all) about the royal family. I've always found Americans' obsession with them a bit weird.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

When you said you didn't know anything, but proceeded to comment, you answered his question.

Ignorance.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Meghan was very convincing in that interview last night.

I'm sure there's a case to be made that their motives aren't above board (I don't really know the Royal Family side in all of this). Honestly, the racism piece of it, which was presented as the bombshell, wasn't the most troubling piece to me.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The entire interview, and really, the entire thing, has Prince Charles written all over it.

Basically, they called him a POS without actually calling him a POS.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Alas, we've never met.

cpninja likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did they cite "racism" as part of their reason for leaving the royal family and the UK?

Did they come to the US after leaving the UK?

Has the US recently been struggling with what many people have deemed "systemic racism," with more attention on it especially in the last few years?

In what way did I comment in "ignorance." I said I didn't know anything about it, "aside from the headlines I've glossed over for the past 2 minutes from googling it." I gathered the above in the 2 minutes mentioned. I didn't comment on anything about which I am ignorant.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A person in a wartorn country can want to come to the us even with it's high murder and incarceration rates.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They wanted to to leave, essentially, because the Institution cares more about the reputation of the Institution than it does any of it’s individual members.

Inside of that was many things including racist implications and their lack of concern over her mental health.

Basically, Harry saw history repeating itself, as he said, and decided he had to get out for the sake of his family.

Their plan was to move to Canada and continue working for the Queen in an official capacity. They then were told that wasn’t an acceptable arrangement and would also be losing their security detail. With that in mind, it became widely known where they were located in Canada, and fearing for their safety, moved to the USA while also sorting out their safety and living situation.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, you could as easily say Markle took her kid and husband and went home. America is her home, and is a big place with lots of different people.

13. fl0at_

Did you see only headlines about racism? If so, then you're commenting based on ignorance, as there were other things. If you did see headlines relating to other things, why are you focusing on racism, in your defense here, and not including the other things?

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm for anything that gets these useless ass people from having any kind of relevance. All of them. Although, I do admit I have enjoyed The Crown, mostly to hate all the uppity ass royals and their "problems" and enjoy the history stuff which goes with the show. I'm also reminded the one thing we've certainly done better than the British is the classism issue. That and food. And music. Also, cricket seems stupid, if I knew what was happening.

15. fl0at_

Once Charles goes, William and Harry will reconcile and it'll be this great big thing. And give them another year of relevance.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk about music but the list of things is long

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

All their good music is inspired by American musicians, especially the Beatles/Stones era. And, we invented punk, not them. American music is the most unique and greatest invention we've given to the rest of the world.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's a pity Epstein isn't still around to patch all this up

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It's more that there was speculation racism was fueling some of the decisions that drove them away. But it was those decisions that drove them away, not the reasons behind them.

At least that's what I gathered from the interview.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, I saw headlines about a number of things.

I focused on racism in my original post, which is why I focused on it in my defense.

I focused on it in my original post because it was the focus of the tongue in cheek comment I made. I could have mentioned the other pieces, but they weren't really important or related to the point of "they're leaving one racist place and coming to another."