POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes these exchanges just effing tickle me. Imagining if it were face to face interactions.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He said it set off a chain of events. I asked for more info. What chain of events does he think it set off?

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Take a guess

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why would you tell me to guess what you're talking about instead of just saying what you're talking about?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you seriously not know what happened based on that Steele dossier?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There is a lot of discussion going on right now about what actually happened based on the Steele dossier. Trump supporters are using the arrest and charging of Igor Danchenko to claim that the entire Russia investigation, including the Mueller report, was a hoax. Others argue that the Mueller report didn't really rely on the Steel Dossier at all.

That's why I'm asking what you're talking about. Are you going to respond with anything of substance?

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That garbage Steele dossier was used to obtain FISA warrants. That is pretty scary. iyam

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Warrants, plural?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

a fisa warrant typo

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The entire process by which a warrant is obtained is garbage. It is far too easy for any law enforcement agency to obtain just about any warrant they want.

Savage Orange, SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And don’t even get me started on asset seizure “because drugs”…

12. fl0at_

Today it's drugs. Asset seizure isn't going away. A new excuse will be found, as recreational use/personal possession becomes more commonly legal.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s just infuriating that you can’t have large sums of cash on you (for ANY reason) that, if you are so unfortunate as to encounter them while in possession of said cash, the cops won’t immediately seize it under the guise of “you’ve gotta be doing something wrong, even if we can’t prove it” and you’ll play hell trying to get it back.

IP likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Here’s a pretty long thread I read a while back about that. It’s not a problem i ever have but it’s pretty shitty that they can just take cash for not much reason

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Perhaps Trump has finally jumped the shark. He is unable to spread his crazy on twitter and the media appears to have gotten over his crazy so that his rally's are barely covered.

Can he be a force without the ability to get his message out?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

In some ways, he has completed his task. Biden may be in the White House, but the SC is going to be conservative for decades and decades. Breyer won't retire, so that will likely be another conservative seat. And with the rabble about election security, any chance of shifting demographics causing whole-sale change in the platform of the GOP is punted for another decade. Also, the latino/hispanic demographic continues to drift more conservative, which I do partly credit to Trumpism's masculine presentation.

They don't need him anymore. But that doesn't mean he is done, just an observation.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/sup...biden-a-chance-to-nominate-a-replacement.html

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Unless you're Float.

ole_orange likes this.
  20. fl0at_

I think you are projecting your insecurities, for some reason.

I wanted them to add two seats. So, didn't win that one. And that's just this one topic, regarding SCOTUS seats.