POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s a stretch. One was an actual political opponent of his. In an election.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is using it to get some of the Trump supporters on his team.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's what it represents. Words vs Actions of actors within our Democratic-Republic. A galactic difference.

Hill-Dog technically having US classified stuff on an unsecure server should not have resulted in any kind of actual indictment, but *THIS* Stormy Daniels "campaign violation" carried out allegedly by a convicted felon who is on record under testimony claiming Trump had no instructions or even knowledge of how he made a book keeping error that technically is a campaign finance law.

Basically DA has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a convicted felon was lying under testimony about how Trump did not specifically direct him to handle the Stormy NDA thing how he did book keeping wise. They also have to prove that it was mishandled specifically for election purposes only and not because he simply didn't want his wife to find out and be "embarrassed" or for whatever other reason out there not relating to purposes of specifically skirting campaign finance rules.

It's not illegal to be a cheating husband and pay a mistress to sign an NDA so she doesn't spill the beans. Petty ass unprecedented stuff when talking about the front running candidate of a major party in an upcoming US Presidential election. Even some lefties who hate Trump that are being honest are like "huh" here the more they look into the facts and circumstances surrounding this specific indictment.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The illegal part is using campaign funds to pay off the broad(s). But I'd personally just let the FEC assign him a huge fine and move on.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

FEC already investigated it and did nothing. Same with the US attorney's office of the southern district.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know how anybody can make a definitive statement one way or the other in this case, right now. It could be a nothing burger, a sham, throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. Or it could be a rock solid case with loads of incriminating evidence.

But we don’t know because the inditement is still sealed. We know there are, allegedly, something like 34 total charges but we don’t yet know exactly what they are.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    warhammer likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I tend to lean toward this. It is a sealed indictment. I will watch the drama play out. It will be what it will be.

I tend to be idealistic in my view that "No one is above the Law." rather than "No one is above the Law except <insert excuse>."

Whether I agree with that Law or not, if I break it and am caught then I will be held accountable. This should apply to everyone, no matter their social, financial or political status.

That is just how I was raised. I make no apologies.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

They can't. I guess I just wish the cases lined up differently because the Georgia one is what matters and I don't want perception to be tilted.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think it's worth noting he was indicted by a grand jury, not the Biden Justice Department, NY DA, or some "Soros" backed politico (I can't believe people still trot out his name). But, I also think the Georgia is the juicier one.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Soros didn't directly give money to Bragg but money Soros spent made it to Bragg. Either way the thing that gets me is why no Federal charges? Does the federal government protect its own? It seems like the state level is more willing to do the dirty work.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could read it either way. Or third, that the bar of evidence is higher for the feds. Were I a federal prosecutor, I'd need it to be an open and closed dunk and the nature of the accusation indicates we know it is going to be a matter of connecting dots of financial transactions so it won't be a simple dunk.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Federal cases are won at something like 92% so you are probably correct on the evidence needing to be more locked down. Maybe this whole thing jumpstarts more state cases against politicians that the Feds are not able to confidently take to trial. I'm all for making sure no one is above the law.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Read a tweet that mentioned trump is the first president to:
    -be impeached twice
    -indicted by grand jury
    -banned on social media
    -raided by FBI
    -wiretapped
    What has come from all of that?

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well the fbi raid resulted in the return of classified documents he wasn't supposed to have and refused to reutn when asked.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

None of these guys should have classified documents stored in their garages or homes. Its very simple.

lumberjack4, Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That says a lot about the man. What it says is that he is a questionable human being that is good at wiggling out of things. He has been doing it all his life, using his station and money to get away with shit that you and I would be in prison for.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But he's popular and wants to hurt the right people.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I once read a story about an ex mob guy that said they never tried to shake down Trump. He was too protected and knew how the game worked so he made it so they could not [uck fay] with him. He knows how to live in the gray area.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Protected by who?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Russian Mob would be my complete out of my ass guess.