POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The OJ trial was next level

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This all is happening because Dems got butt hurt when Trump beat their girl and went on an endless get Trump deal. If Trump would have never run he would be off doing whatever he was before and I would bet we would have a lot less of this shit, our country would be way less divided. imo He screwed it all up and I am not sure it will ever correct itself. Its depressing.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe the claimed crime is contingent on the election, so you are technically correct but the garnish is off.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You know one thing I found interesting is in New York (this may also be the case in other states) the grand jury is picked from the voter registry (which in Manhattan is probably all Dems) and the people picked are not questioned at all so they could be bias as shit and no one would care. I could be understanding that wrong but if I'm not it seems a bit dangerous.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Isn't there another prosecutor working on crimes from way before he was President and suing him? Why did we wait this long if he has been running around doing criminal shit for so long? Maybe because he had friends on both sides of the aisle at one time and now that he is firmly on one side those people won't protect him any longer?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is exactly how it is in DC, but I think things have to be unanimous so it is more about pulling in a few normies than screening out crazies. I had a friend that was on a grand jury for months. Two others got into a fist fight over debating a case so they had to be replaced.

And the wording of what they are voting on is different. It is like, "is it reasonably plausible a crime was committed based on this evidence," which is a much lower bar in my mind than "beyond reasonable doubt."

So ya, it could be all crazies. But it could be all reasonable people and it moved forward because it was probable, yet ultimately Trump is found not guilty because probable isn't enough- could still be reasonable doubt.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Were they prosecutors 10 years ago running on the platform to get Trump? I honestly can't remember because I would not have been looking for it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know about any of that. I know Bragg was in hot water for NOT moving forward with charging Trump and some prosecuters quit, saying there was enough evidence in their opinion. I guess something changed?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The actually trial jury will be questioned though and agreed on by both sides, correct? Or is that a big reason why Trump is seeking a relocation?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The actual jury would be questioned and selected by the lawyers, ya. Like they each have a chance to toss each potential juror.

But all the same, I expect Trump would like his chances somewhere else. And it has the added bonus of dragging this out. He could drag it out for years with appeals and motions. It is completely possible we finish 2024 with this and the Georgia trial still unresolved, is my understanding.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I saw that and that could be true or they could be pissed he was not delivering on what he said he was going to do and why they came to work for him. I do think I heard him say somewhere that new evidence came in that made the case stronger. Will be interesting to find out what that evidence is and why it took so long to come to light.

Watch it be Melania secretly cooperating with the DA. Imagine that plot twist.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So if Trump wins in 2024 he can just exonerate himself and its all for nothing?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, because these are state charges. But it would mean nothing happens until he leaves office i assume.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nope. A President can only pardon Federal crimes, not state level crimes.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I think the NY case has a puncher's chance, but that the connections are not explicit means I think a credible defense is possible with what we know now. The prosecution needs to have a trick or two it is holding back for this to stick.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like if I were a juror, I'd need some flow charts and a smoking gun. But we also have not heard the state's case yet.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do they possibly put together an "unbiased" jury? Gotta think there will be people on both sides pretending to be unbiased so they can "save Trump" or "get Trump."

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is also going on trial for rape this month.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator