POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if there is a deliberate strategy to throw anything and everything at Trump's administration to see what sticks, I would think it is a direct response to the effectiveness of doing so against Obama and Clinton before. Still waiting for criminal charges regarding Benghazi, election fraud, birth certificate forgery, murder, etc.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems to be the only way to communicate.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Welcome to politics.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am fine with whataboutisms as long as they can be applied both ways. It just seems that post about Clinton or Obama are frequently answered with whataboutism. It is either okay for both or neither.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not okay, and I think time will show that these are not equivalents anyway

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It’s why many lifelong republicans are bailing.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are more optimistic than I. I just went with my fiance to wait for her to early vote (I already did). While I was waiting, I overheard an octogenarian complaining about the high turnout. Like it was a bad thing.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don’t know I would say I’m optimistic.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have a hard time believing that.

GahLee and VolDad like this.
  12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Seriously?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

#WalkAway

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Certainly what most of the sane republicans did.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Seriously??

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Ah yes, the “respectable” Republicans that took a stand for “our values”. Their names read off like a murderers row Chamber of Commerce types hell bent on turning us into Brazil for the sake of cheap labor.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Look it up; it is not what you think.

18. cpninja

cpninja Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

I see people say "what has Trump done that directly impacts your life in a negative way" from time to time, and I just wanted to post this article that explains some of the things that(based on existing administration actions and leaked memos) will likely happen and will have a direct negative impact on my life and the lives of many of my friends

I know this board leans pretty conservative, but I've seen (most of) yall be pretty logical and consistent in your support for LGBT rights despite that. I know transgender rights are the new hotness for the left vs right "culture war", but I would implore you to remember(regardless of which side you fall on) that these policy decisions will affect real people, many of who are already marginalized by society and in many areas are offered little to no legal protection for their identity as-is.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing this.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The "grounded in science" bit is eugenics-like.