POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird, I was told they are in Mexico City. And that walls stop illegal immigration.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This is a subset of the group that took a bus to the border.

3. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Fair and Balanced

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So 10k is now 800, and a handful climbed a fence. Which is about the normal rate. Call in the army!

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Hoping the fence seems to have stopped with the newly installed barbed wire. I guess you just need the right kind of wall.

[​IMG]

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't you think that that razor wire will be cut off the moment it is dark and there are no guards standing there watching? can you patrol and defend 2000 miles of border? Can you defend it without the authorization to use lethal force to repel them from the wall?

I know that this is not a point that will ever be agreed upon, but I just don't think a wall is going to keep people out, not without going to extremes to make it work (such as a no-man's-land type scenario seen on the NK/SK DMZ, the old Berlin Wall, etc).

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you have photos of them climbing there with armed guys standing there before? If so, those border guys should be fired

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A CBS reporter called them the first wave. Someone gave them a bus so they arrived early. Supposedly the rest are coming. I saw a woman with children interviewed on CBS this morning. The reporter asked "Why will you say that you should have asylum". Answer, "Because I am a single mother who wants to give her children a better life".

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ok, so she won't get asylum. So what's the problem?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes; they were climbing over the wall. It wasn't until after they were standing on US soil that they were detained.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, they were detained. So what's the problem?

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Of course not. Especially when legal immigration is a thing. People can just come here legally and overstay their visa, or fly to Canada and cross the northern border. The wall has always been a laughably stupid idea.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Because, I have heard it portrayed by the media and left for 6 weeks that these are poor, pitiful, desperate people who face death at home unless we grant them asylum in the US (asylum in the Countries they have passed through doesn't seek to matter, it must be the US). At least attempt to be honest. These are people seeking a better life in the US.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

These were detained. How many cross the border every day illegally that aren't detained. No problem with them?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I doubt any of these 10,000 are flying to Canada.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/14/...utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter

What in the actual hell is he talking about here? Zero proof, as always. Gaslighting conspiracy theories and pretend knowledge, as usual.

“The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes,” Trump complained. “When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

“If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID,” Trump continued. “They try to shame everybody by calling them racist, or calling them something, anything they can think of, when you say you want voter ID. But voter ID is a very important thing.”

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The guy is crazy. Legitimately crazy. If he fails, it is because of outside agencies conspiring against him.

VolDad likes this.
  19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

“Deep state”

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So? The point is the wall is a ridiculously expensive, poorly thought out solution to one element of an exaggerated problem.