POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think that's just a Trump issue, but one of politics.

It's just the other side of the coin of Dems saying people are voting against their own interest by not voting for them.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Those two things are not the same. Trump is promoting conspiracy theories.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm sure it happens but not to the degree that it's changing elections.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh, I am sure there is some fraud going on (and it is minimal), but I am willing to bet it happens on both sides and thus cancels everything out.

But he espouses this crap about millions upon millions of votes being illegal. And that is straight up crazy talk. And far different from claiming one side or the other is voting for one reason or another.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I heard Trump say he hopes these people get in. That we need them here for jobs. But he wants them to come in legally. I think it’s a fair point but doesn’t fit what some on my Facebook feed that we need the military there because these guys are a direct threat to our entire economy and must be pushed back.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, people aren't going in to vote, then changing hats to vote again. He has no [uck fay]ing idea about what's happening. The problem is that he's advocating the firing of the county official, with some weight in the opinion as president, based upon the fact he doesn't like the place having a lot of voters against him. Now, she may deserve to be fired, but he doesn't really know why other than it relates to himself, which is all he cares about.

The bit about ID for cereal is hilarious.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Assuming no threats in that group is delusional.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Exaggerated Problem? Over 6 million living in the Country after crossing the border illegally. 10's of thousands crossing every month. They make up the largest percentage of people in the Country illegally.

I am open to suggestions. How do you propose that we solve the problem?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As I understand, there are more jobs than people. We need them; "legally".

10. TennTradition

Like I said - I don’t disagree with the notion. But I’m saying the Facebook mafia is saying they are wrecking our economy and we have to keep them out. Trump literally said we need them. But legally. There’s a disconnect.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's good, but the process to do this is stacked heavily against the type of people needed for those jobs. I liked W. Bush's idea of a guest worker program. Unfortunately, we are going in the opposite direction with the Stephen Miller types in this administration with its rabid xenophobic actions to limit immigration of all kinds as much as possible.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are correct. All the talk from the White House seems to exclude the profile of the workers needed. I like the idea of a guest worker program but have not seen that idea floated by this administration. Quite frankly the administration seems to find them more useful as boogymen as opposed to the solution to a problem (need for more workers)

Unimane and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

When 90% of your platform is built on tilting against windmills, you cannot have those windmills suddenly seen useful.

TennTradition likes this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

One of the many reasons I have never joined.

15. TennTradition

I think Trump gets that. But they are too effective for him right not as boogeymen.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guest workervis the answer. Many don't want to stay forever. Ensure the same wage standards and let them come in with their job offer, leave at the end of the work season.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are times I wonder if Trump was aware of the number of people out there who would be totally behind him 100% if he'd just tone the pride and arrogance down a notch.

18. NorrisAlan

I don't think he is aware of anything but himself.

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are 100% correct.

I've just spoken to a few people this week that have all expressed the same thing. Just amazing to me he's so blinded by his own arrogance he can't see it.

Then again, I've never understood why college ADs won't let others do the work to get a coach and the AD gets to introduce them at the presser and get the praise.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ego is a hell of a drug